New Comm Center in Faulk. Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AirportTek

Evidently the Conway / Faulkner Co. trunk has made a drastic change. I am no longer able to receive with my current programming and/or radio. With the current programming I get no traffic. The control chan keeps going to TG 34552 and I hear more data but no voice. Anyone know how I can continue monitoring this trunk or what kind of system this is???? Any help would be useful. :?:

weather4ar

Conway/Faulkner County Trunk System

MEMS, Conway Police, & Conway Fire are most definitely still there, and the system still operates in analog voice mode on the same frequencies. The trick is that you might need to program the frequencies into a regular scan bank and manually lock out the control channel instead of doing a trunk scan. Good Luck!

P.S. Remember that Faulkner County's VHF System still works conventionally as well. Sheriff's, Emergency Squad, and Rural Fire Dispatch haven't changed at all. Check the Arkansas Database for Faulkner County on this site for current frequencies.

AirportTek

Faulk Co

I've been getting the conventional freq's, only problem with having to manually lock out the control channel is you have to listen to the garbage trucks, schools etc... and not just emergency services. Thanks for the reply. Any idea why the control signal is on a TG and is this part of the digital switchover which will soon be taking place state wide???

weather4ar

Conway's Radio Problems

Gentlemen.

I think it might be a system glitch of some sort. I'm no expert, but it sounds as if there might be some bleed through taking place from the data handshake channel through the rest of the system. Since MEMS has come to the system, it's possible that there also could be a signal routing
problem between Conway and Little Rock's equipment. The Conway paper had an article recently about the center getting new routing equipment.

Remember, that if the system goes entirely digital, all the transmissions would be nothing but digital chirps, and not just on a particular talkgroup.

sjwradio

Since Conway has moved all dispatchers into the communication center they have gone digital. I stopped receiving their transmissions too. So I purchased the digital card for my scanner (250D) and bam, there they are. Same frequencies as before.

MEMS is still analog.

radioshack111

SOLUTION!!!!

Hello everybody,
This is Chato, an associate at RadioShack by the movie theatre here in Conway. The reason behind your problem is that Conway swithched to a Digital Trunking setup. The ONLY solution to your problem is to get a digital trunking scanner. If you come in to see the scanner, make sure and ask for me, I can set you up with one programmed and ready to go for only the cost of the scanner. For any further questions or comments, feel free to e-mail me at superoptimus@hotmail.com

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.