New County Submission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin

I live in British Columbia, Canada on the West Coast just north of Washington State. While we don't have "counties" here per se, we do have Regional Districts. That being said, however, due to the way the RR database is set up I am happy to use the County system.

Can anyone please tell me how I go about submitting / creating a "new" county?

The RRDB doesn't seem to have that option available and if it doesn't match what is already in the RRDB I would either (A) Be unable to submit the data that I have or (B) Submit the data but have it be listed incorrectly / in the wrong geographical area.

I have read through the forum threads to try and find the answer to no avail so thought I would post a new thread to pose the question.

Looking forward to sharing all the updated emergency service information with the rest of the RRDB world!

Cheers!

rkm1215

Premium Subscriber
All Counties in the Province of British Columbia:
Alberni-Clayoquot
Central Kootenay
East Kootenay
Kootenay Boundary
Okanagan-Similkameen
Stikine
Bulkley-Nechako
Central Okanagan
Fraser Valley
Mount Waddington
Peace River
Strathcona
Capital
Columbia-Shuswap
Fraser-Fort George
Nanaimo
Powell River
Sunshine Coast
Cariboo
Comox Valley
Greater Vancouver
North Okanagan
Skeena-Queen Charlotte
Thompson-Nicola
Central Coast
Cowichan Valley
Kitimat-Stikine
Northern Rockies
Squamish-Lillooet

rkm1215

Premium Subscriber
There is also an option for:
State: British Columbia
County:provincewide
Agency:Statewide or New State Agency

Muffin

Missing

For example:

Campbell River is a large city (Now) and is located north of the Comox Valley. It is also the main dispatch hub now for emergency services providers in the area and is provided by a private entity called The North Island 911 Corporation. They dispatch areas throughout Campbell River and Area including the Islands and also dispatch everything to the North right up to Alert Bay, Newcastle, Quadra Island, Savory Island, Powell River (Sunshine Coast) and then south into the (Comox Valley) area including Black Creek, Courtenay, Comox, Cumberland, etc.

I have been here for several days now and have aquired all the new frequencies and would like to share them however, Campbell River doesn't fall under any of the "counties" listed.

I propose calling it "Campbell River and Area" as it is the last major center heading north on the Island Highway before it goes back down to a 2 lane highway and is also the junction point for highway 28 heading west over to Gold River (which they also dispatch).

Ideas??

Muffin

I will put it under Strathcona as after looking at the map URL you sent me it seems to make the most sense alsthough the "locals" refer to it as Campbell River and Area and said that Strathcona is rarely used to describe the area.

Cheers!

mciupa

Database Admin
Information added. Thank you for the improvements to our database. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.