New DMR System(s)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
Alright, I'm stumped.

451.925 in Morehouse Parish
451.725 in Franklin Parish

Both WQXR393 Northeast Louisiana Power Co-Op. I haven't confirmed the West Carroll frequency yet, it's probably the same as ours (451.925). It's a single frequency DMR belonging to that company for sure. However, it is constantly broadcasting like a control channel would for CON+ TRBO. The status indicator on my radios flashes DMR and Slot 1 then Slot 2. It used to flash between DMR and CAP+ but it doesn't anymore. DMR conventional channels that I'm used to monitoring only are transmitting when the channel is active; just like a non-digital conventional frequency. These constantly transmit data and flash different indicators like my scanners don't know what to do with it. The following is what I know:

It's a single frequency multi site system with constant data like a CON+ TRBO or P25 control channel.
4 different scanners used to show "DMR", then flash "DMR"/"CAP+", recently back to "DMR "Slot 1 / Slot 2. Without voice.
Non-DMR equipped scanner just shows digital noise at all times.
With Bastrop, Oak Grove, and Winnsboro units/offices talking to each other. The range is less than 10mi so the sites have to be linked.
Programmed as MOTOTRBO: Nothing
Programmed as DMR OFT: Activity when in use showing UID/Talkgroups (just one so far) slot number and CC like any other TRBO system.
Programmed as Conventional: Activity at all times. Signal with DMR and alternating Slot1/Slot to indicators when idle. Full UID/TG/CC info when in use.

What kind of system is this? I've never heard of "linked multi-site DMR conventional" that still transmits data like a control channel. I almost see the exact same thing on a Shreveport Communications system in Richland with 452.1125 This one however has two talkgroups and several other frequencies attached to it. I'm not close enough to monitor at all times.

Thanks!

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
Yes, OFT shows constant signal, DMR flashing on the status area, and alternating Slot 1/Slot 2 indicators with Color Code.

Then when someone transmits, DMR flashing on the status area, actual Slot information (1 or 2), CC, Talk group number, and Unit number. Just like a TRBO system would.

The odd thing is that it is constant DMR signal like you would find from a TRBO control channel, only its a single frequency system (apparently) and no LCN like you would find with CON+

Status
Not open for further replies.