*NEW* DMR TGIF Network Scanner Enthusiast Talk group

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1KK

Would there be a particular night people get on? I threw out my call a few times tonight but no answer.
Ken

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
Would there be a particular night people get on? I threw out my call a few times tonight but no answer.
Ken
Not yet. I was monitoring earlier today. No takers. At this time I dont have time to make a regular net.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
some of the newer PI-Star builds allow you to have both Brandmeister and TGIF, ill work on getting mine set up

N1KK

Would you have a link showing the steps to do this?
If I understand you correctly, you are saying there is a Brandmeister and TGIF config making both available
at the same time.?? What happens when you have a talkgroup number that is on both? Which network
would it go out on?
Ken

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
The pi-star software only allows you to choose one dmr network at a time so duplicate talkgroups would only be an issue with your hotspot. I use my rt84 only with the tgif network and a different dmr radio for others if I switch networks

TGIF Network

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

N1KK

that's what I thought but just recently I found out you can configure a gateway that allows both Brandmeister
and the TGIF to be available. You configure your HT with talkgroups with additional digits so when it goes through
the gate way it knows to direct them to TGIF. I only read about this earlier today.

Ken

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
I would be glad to try this talk group. My windows 10 computer will not let me program my DMR radios
since the last update! Having com port problems, tyt2017 and at686uv.
This problem keeps showing up after almost every win10 update!
Do you have any checkins?

jim vm

I've Had a few QSO's. Still need more traffic.

jperuta

Premium Subscriber
If I wanted to program this talk group I would need to get a hot spot? There’s no brandmiester talk group yet?? If you guys have a brandmiester talk group please let me know, I would love to talk and learn more.

w2xq

Mentor
If I wanted to program this talk group I would need to get a hot spot? There’s no brandmiester talk group yet?? If you guys have a brandmiester talk group please let me know, I would love to talk and learn more.
There was (past tense) a Brandmeister TGIF talkgroup. Not to return.

Unless a repeater local to you would do TGIF you'll need a hotspot. Given hotspots are relatively cheap, most people I know run separate hotspots and radios -- there are a few decent DMR "shirtpocket" radios for < $50 -- for each mode. I haven't bothered to set up one on TGIF, but it seems to be the easiest path to take.

There is also a TGIF tg available through Zello.

HTH.

Last edited:

jperuta

Premium Subscriber
There was (past tense) a Brandmeister TGIF talkgroup. Not to return.

Unless a repeater local to you would do TGIF you'll need a hotspot. Given hotspots are relatively cheap, most people I know run separate hotspots and radios -- there are a few decent DMR "shirtpocket" radios for < $50 -- for each mode. I haven't bothered to set up one on TGIF, but it seems to be the easiest path to take.

There is also a TGIF tg available through Zello.

HTH.

Thanks i might put it through zello, im not sure yet

AC0RV

Feed Provider
Another than putting the TGIF into the DVMEGA hotspot. What else do I need to do.

So far, when I did monitor the 1033 group. I have not yet heard anyone.

Peerlessk

TGIF with 1033 talk group location ? please . As in where is it ? . Thanks you

Last edited:

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Well, I finally got TGIF to work on my hotspot. Installed the latest beta version of pi star and it works great anyone on the talk group for a radio check?

Status
Not open for further replies.