New DSD+ FastLane - June 28/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewraith2008

Tried that and still having the same TCP errors and not working.

When you installed Stunnel did you correctly define "Common Name (FQDN)" when asked?

Not sure if this needs to be your real IP or DNS to your machine.
Code:
eg. DNS = www.example.com
I defined a real DNS I already had setup for another purpose.

Important Note: The Common Name (FQDN) should be the hostname of the machine running stunnel. If you can access the machine by more than one hostname some SSL clients will warn you that the certificate is being used on the wrong host, so it is best to have this match the hostname users will be accessing.

EDIT: Fixed post formatting.

CanesFan95

When you installed Stunnel did you correctly define "Common Name (FQDN)" when asked?

Not sure if this needs to be your real IP or DNS to your machine.
Code:
eg. DNS = www.example.com
I defined a real DNS I already had setup for another purpose.

EDIT: Fixed post formatting.

I'm not sure what "Common Name (FQDN)" is and don't remember being prompted for it. I'm basically dumber than everyone on here and don't understand what real IP or DNS is. This is getting very complicated and as stupid as I am, I might just have to say oh well, it's too advanced.

slicerwizard

Hm, how about uninstalling stunnel and starting over?

- download the latest win32 installer from the stunnel download page

- run the installer

- install for anyone

- select default components

- select default installation folder

- press enter at each of the configuration text prompts

- select "Start stunnel after installation" and click on Finish

- Stunnel icon should be visible in taskbar; right click it and select Edit Configuration

- Notepad will open the stunnel.conf file

- scroll to the very end and add the lines from the Notes.txt file

[mylocalproxy]
client = yes
accept = 127.0.0.1:3000
connect = tile.openstreetmap.org:443

- if you use FMP-Map, also add the text listed earlier in this thread

- close Notepad, save changes

- right click on stunnel icon in taskbar; select Reload Configuration

- run LRRP; zoom in on some random distant location; tiles should get downloaded

That should be all there is to it.

CanesFan95

I know this might sound like a stupid question, but do you have the stunnel program running and the icon appears in the task bar?

Well whaddya know, that was it. For most people, maybe it could have been a dumb question. But look who you're talking to here. So now it's working great. So I guess we have to run this "Stunell" program evertyime from now on. Once again, I fail at this hobby.

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
Well whaddya know, that was it. For most people, maybe it could have been a dumb question. But look who you're talking to here. So now it's working great. So I guess we have to run this "Stunell" program evertyime from now on. Once again, I fail at this hobby.

Don't feel bad, I did the same thing when I started getting errors. Worked on it for a couple hours until I noticed the darn thing wasn't running! It happens to the best of us.

ccfd7031

New user to LRRP and had this issue before the recent update fwiw. I'm sure it's a config screw up on my part but my map says "OFF MAP" in the title bar. It worked the first time I tried it then I adjusted the zoom in the config file now I get a blank screen.

Any ideas?

thewraith2008

New user to LRRP and had this issue before the recent update fwiw. I'm sure it's a config screw up on my part but my map says "OFF MAP" in the title bar. It worked the first time I tried it then I adjusted the zoom in the config file now I get a blank screen.

Any ideas?

You have no internet connection?
You have not setup 'Stunnel' as per "Notes.txt" and applied fix as per this thread.
You don't have any map data. Stored in "Singles" folder.
"OFF MAP" indicates you have not put your mouse over the map area.

slicerwizard

Off map means that your mouse pointer isn't over any part of the earth on the map, i.e. it's outside of +/-90 degrees latitude and/or +/-180 degrees longitude.

If you can't see the map and you have some LRRP datapoints in the DSDPlus.LRRP file, try pressing Z (autozoom) a few times; it should zoom and center the map around the datapoints.

Worst case, edit the LRRP.cfg file and set zoom level to zero and map center to 128 128 (looks like that is the center of the single 256x256 pixel tile that is displayed at zoom level zero)

If you still can't see the map, you're not downloading any map tiles, so get stunnel set up per the notes file.

mrc333777

Premium Subscriber
FMP-Map and LRRP

cool deal, got mine today

was reading about FMP-Map and LRRP here , never tried it before.

i did exactly what the instructions say and they both seem to work. i seen that FMP-map
does zoom right, but LRRP does not zoom. LRRP does download the maps and stuff when
i click on spots or drag the window. so am i correct that if nothing purple that says LOCN
in the DSD+ window then LRRP dont change with auto zoom?

DRL-XM43

If you add the Stunnell desktop icon to the Windows start folder it will start auto when you boot up.

Status
Not open for further replies.