• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

New DSD Windows Build 1.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Open the DSD folder in Windows Explorer.

Right click and select New Text Document.

Double click the new file to edit in Notepad.

Type the following in Notepad:

Select File, Save, and Exit.

Go back to the Explorer window and rename above file to "sh.cmd"

Double click the renamed file. You now have a command window where you can type DSD followed by whatever options you like.

I just found this update and I have a question or two. Do I have to delete dsd 1.4 first before I run dsd 1.6?
Do you still access dsd 1.6 from the command prompt?

I did download dsd 1.6 and ran it, but I can't seem to do anything from the command prompt. Now that I have dsd 1.6, I can't go into dsd 1.4 from the command prompt because it comes up as dsd 1.6. do I have to delete dsd 1.6 in order to work with dsd 1.4 at the command prompt?

Moonbounce

tyytor

Premium Subscriber
hi i am trying to get this thing to working on trbo only, or - FF command
can some one please :) walk me through on the foum or by PM?
to type in the right commands to get up and running?
i an a real nub when it comes to this but willing to learn and listen,
have gone though the fourms and still confused how this thing works.
thank you in advance

Last edited:
Dowload link down

Can someone supply an alternate download link, or even better, the source code for DSD 1.6? Minus seems to not work. Thanks.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Digital Speech Decoder (software package) - The RadioReference Wiki

Every link on that page for downloads works, to some extent. If you download from any of the Minus sites, make sure you get to where you see:

Download (xx.xx kb)

Click on the word "Download". Any other place that you click on within one of those Minus links will get you nowhere.

M

Last edited:

vans113

Premium Subscriber
in my link above i have uploaded the cygwin file and dsd in my drop box. I believe i have some older versions of dsd if anybody wants those also.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
The link does not work. I even tried signing up for Minus to get to download the file, there is no green light here. Just a red light.
Sometimes the minus links work, and sometimes they do not. Are you scared of that backup site for some reason? :) It wouldn't be listed in the Wiki if it weren't felt to be safe. Of course there is no cygwin1.dll on the backup site. You'd have to fetch that from Cygwin.

Mike

change default audio in or out

Hi,
I want to try dsd 1.6 with the WebSDRsoftware as receiverr, which use default audio output too.
There is any way to change the default audio in or out in DSD?

Thank you,
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.