• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

New Dual band tier 1 and 2 DMR TYT handheld MD-2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Australia4001

Premium Subscriber
Looks interesting with a little Moto style ,

Only have this poster for info so far but will update this post with more info as it comes to hand .

Any other members know of this one ?

Rumored to be out first quarter 2017

6ca460b9ddd86a870452dfa8b1b76592.jpg

Wackodrumr

Sorry to resurrect an old thread. But has anyone heard any updates on this radio, like a projected release date?

I just got my Technician and am borrowing a 2m Yaesu HT and using EchoLink for now. Beofeng came out with their VHF/UHF/DMR version already. I'd like to see the price difference of the Beofeng & this TYT model.

Thanks.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Do not buy the Baofeng. It works simplex only, and spams both time slots of a repeater.

Wackodrumr

Update from QRZnow.com:

I've heard late February, but it looks like May 2017 now.

TYT MD-2017 Dual Band DMR | QRZ Now – Ham Radio News!

TYT just released the first ever image of the upcoming TYT MD-2017 dual band DMR handheld radio.

TYT MD-2017 Dual Band DMR

Dual time slot for point to point [they probably mean simplex]
Dual time slot for repeater
Use Time-Division Multiple-Access (TDMA) technology
Compatible with Mototrbo Tier I and II [we’ve seen that before]
Lone worker
Encryption function
Analog and digital combined [I hope this means something more, eg. watching analog and digital at the same time]
Single call, group call and all call
Remote kill/stun and activate
Firmware upgradeable
Expected release date is May 2017. No info on pricing yet.

KG7PBS

I can't wait to buy it. I ues TDMA on simplex all thrle time if this will work with my Motorola XPR3500 cool
On TDMA simplex then its a keeper

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
As long as MOTO doesn't sue Tytera like they are trying to Hytera.

CallumC8

Pricing wise - looking to be around £175 for the non GPS version, ($220 roughly) - direct from distributors

c_snyder

So will there be anything new with this model or will it basically be a case redesign like the 380-390?

I like the new look though. I guess I'm just wondering about new capabilities.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Ah... well the fact that it's dual band is pretty significant! Not to mention it looks like from the limited screen shots that the UI has been perhaps revamped a little.

c_snyder

Well if it's true dual band then that would be pretty nice.

I guess my mind was thinking dual band in chinese usually means analog and digital.

Status
Not open for further replies.