• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

New Dual band tier 1 and 2 DMR TYT handheld MD-2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
What is this??? It's not the TYT2017 that everyone has been waiting for... this one looks more like the 380. From the test docs they are referring to it as a TH-UV8200.

cinsu

Yes, it doesn't look like the previous pictures of the MD-2017 however it is dual band. Maybe just a new analog dual band?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Yup, I think you are right. If you look at the 'user manual part 2' it shows emission types as 11k and 16k (no 7k for DMR).

Your_account

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
wow that Radio I realy wanted.
Does anyone took it a part to see what kind of chips the use and maybe its hackable?

c_snyder

That certainly implies dual frequency band (VHF and UHF). However, looking at MD-2017 page on their website both lists them as separate band options AND refers to them as having both in one radio!

The MD-2017 is true dual band and is now available for pre-order at $219.

kc1efx

Premium Subscriber
MD 2017----- Memorial Day 2017?? Maybe I'm just being silly. Should have thought of that when I entered the buytwowayradios.com contest.

Your_account

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
TYT call many Radios "MD".... maye "mobile device" ?!
TYT MD-2017 Dual Band DMR Digital Two Way Radio
the problem with is the custom.
Chinesse Seller ship the Products as "Gift" and other declare it the right way and the post and custom charge a lot of money on...

Robertc1

I didn't get a chance to watch the whole thing but hamradio2.0 just uploaded a video on YouTube about the radio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they price it right at launch, I'll be getting one. The price I'm seeing around the pre order spots in the USA is about $220. For that price, I'll wait it out for version 2 to come out. Ideally, I would say this would be a HIT if they priced it around $135-145. Considering none of the accessories from the MD 380 fit, I think that is reasonable.

According to the reviews posted on YouTube, the MD 380 accessories will not fit the MD 2017.

Only the charger from the MD 390 works.

A new programming cable will also be needed, as the MD 2017 has a "Motorola" type plug.

According to the reviews posted on YouTube, the MD 380 accessories will not fit the MD 2017.

Only the charger from the MD 390 works.

A new programming cable will also be needed, as the MD 2017 has a "Motorola" type plug.

Yes I saw that too. I think this is a good move. The Motorola type plug is better because it is much easier to waterproof. With the Motorola radios that use that plug, you don't even have to cover the connector and the radio is still waterproof (assuming it is a waterproof model of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.