New England Area Milcom Monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkstar01

Was: N1RGR
Hello all. Just want to restart a New England Milcom thread. Tonight I'm getting some EAM messages being sent from c/s "Dark Sky" on 311.00. Also heard on HFGCS 8.992 kHz USB.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Used to be at times some years ago had a very active New England Mil posters here and elsewhere but
would fade away websites and all. Guess all moved to Florida :)
BTW a E-6B 162782 went North towards Maine earlier tonight 2230z prob out of Pax River NAS.
Likely your EAM Source..

Darkstar01

Thanks for the heads up on the E-6B Mark! I didn't see them on ADS-B exchange so wasn't sure. I used to be more involved myself on here years back but all the threads faded out. I used to enjoy the thread by the aircraft spotters up in Nova Scotia back in the day. Anyway thought I'd try and rekindle some interest in milair up here in Southern New England. I have lots of AR activity around my neck of the woods especially on the AR777 and AR020 tracks. Not to mention I sit on the edge of W105 so its pretty active for sure. Hope to catch you in there my friend. I'll be sure to drop in the mid Atlantic milair thread from time to time as well.

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Check your radios around Friday the 15th of March.. Report of 6-8 Buffs headed for
RAF Fairford for TDY deployment.. USAF in Europe has even scheduled a presser on the 19th.
Course could be Minot Buffs on Polar route or Barksdale Buffs but either way should be lots of tanker (GOLD?) assist activity up your way.
Always fun to catch a bunch of Buffs on the move :)

Save the Date: Press Conference at RAF Fairford 19 March, 2019 > <p style=font-size:20px>U.S. Air Forces in Europe & Air Forces Africa</p> > Press Releases

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Maybe they will avoid Canadian airspace and use AR-80 offshore Maine :)
Will check for AR-20/80 Res as date gets closer.

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Not to detract from this thread, but the Scan New England website has a mil monitoring forum as well as a good bit of milcom info in its wiki.

Mike

Darkstar01

Check your radios around Friday the 15th of March.. Report of 6-8 Buffs headed for
RAF Fairford for TDY deployment.. USAF in Europe has even scheduled a presser on the 19th.
Course could be Minot Buffs on Polar route or Barksdale Buffs but either way should be lots of tanker (GOLD?) assist activity up your way.
Always fun to catch a bunch of Buffs on the move :)

Save the Date: Press Conference at RAF Fairford 19 March, 2019 > <p style=font-size:20px>U.S. Air Forces in Europe & Air Forces Africa</p> > Press Releases

Sweet! I'm Home from work that day so I will definitely be in the shack! Hoping they take the AR80/20 track! ;)

Darkstar01

Not to detract from this thread, but the Scan New England website has a mil monitoring forum as well as a good bit of milcom info in its wiki.

Mike

Oh yes, I was very active in that forum for many years. N1BHH now a silent key was one of my mentors in that forum. A very knowledgeable point of contact if you had any questions regarding milcom. I haven't been active in that one for a few years now but all thing go around in circles just like my hobbies of which I have many. ;)

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Previews of coming attractions? Hope Buffs fly this same course on the 15th.
Almost right over my house :) Guess KBAD folks getting some ground crew and gear in place.
I'm sure more pre deployment USAF heavies to come out of there.
National Cargo #404 ✈ 04-Mar-2019 ✈ KBAD - FFD / EGVA ✈ FlightAware

RAF Fairford - Wikipedia
As you can see Fairford only opens for US specials and their annual RIAT airshow.
Saw a couple Barksdale Buffs a few years ago around 6;20am local as sun wasn't quite up yet.Also enroute Fairford.
Two monster contrails coming from the Southwest right up the MD Eastern shore.. I didn't know at the time but thought
Airlines don't fly in formation like that but Doh then the light came on upstairs. LOL They finally went overhead on way over South Jersey and
up Atlantic coast to ACK (Cape Cod area) Mean as Hell.. almost scary coming at you like that at high altitude.. just awesome.

Last edited:

Darkstar01

KILLER & SLAM flight (104th F-15's) working Giant Killer on 338.100 entering point Whiskey. Sounds like their setting up for a Huntress exercise. Also working 259.9, 260.9, 269.9, 269.2 ZBW & 283.8.

spacellamaman

very interesting guys. I live in central NC and have been recieving what sounds to be distant (ie not-so-hot-quality) transmissions alot on 259.9 and 260.9 in the same timeframes. Are there any freqs that tend to be generally specific to the Buffs that I could punch in? We don't get much Buff traffic down in these here parts :)

Darkstar01

very interesting guys. I live in central NC and have been recieving what sounds to be distant (ie not-so-hot-quality) transmissions alot on 259.9 and 260.9 in the same timeframes. Are there any freqs that tend to be generally specific to the Buffs that I could punch in? We don't get much Buff traffic down in these here parts :)

If your new to the hobby I would suggest you program all the Huntress, ARTCC, and Aerial Refueling frequencies from your area into your scanner. There are literally hundreds of frequencies you really need to be monitoring in order to catch the radio traffic. The more fishing lines you have out the more fish you can catch. Check out the RR database. There is a lot of information available in there including frequency lists.

Last edited:

Darkstar01

Got some players working in W105 this evening C/S "Wicked," flight of four working Giant Killer on 338.100. Also C/S "Scout" or Scott heard on 290.300 ZBW RTB Barnes.

Status
Not open for further replies.