New England Area Milcom Monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Seems first 3 Barksdale Buffs went over last night as STRAY 81-83.
Nothing thru here so assume Polar route but one was showing AE587D.
Reports one landed Faiford 0930z and the other two are onto Baltic mission
before they rtb Fairford. Supposedly 3 going more for later tonight.

morfis

Seems first 3 Barksdale Buffs went over last night as STRAY 81-83.
Nothing thru here so assume Polar route but one was showing AE587D.
Reports one landed Faiford 0930z and the other two are onto Baltic mission
before they rtb Fairford. Supposedly 3 going more for later tonight.

Reports in that case were probably somewhat correct. The buffs crossed the pond and over the UK. Two refuelled with QUID225/226 East of Scotland the third which was slightly further back (STRAY83, 61-0013) went straight down to Fairford and landed approx 10:15UTC. STRAY81/82 (60-0024 / 60-0025) went to drop hamburgers into the Baltic before returning and routing to Fairford, five mile trail, (landing just after 13:35 & 13:40UTC). Unusually, one of them was plotting on 360radar most of the time (though the registration from the database wasn't correct).
We are expecting at least three more (tomorrow and probably similar GP mission before landing). Press day is next Tuesday I think.

AFD94

Odds and ends heard today from home between 10:00 - 13:00hrs.

MAPLE (VT ANG F-16) checking in with ZBW several times.

118.500 - "WARRIOR ####" (?) conversation with Hanscom Tower requested ILS and full stop.

123.450 - Distant conversation with only one side heard. Listed online as either CT ARNG Fury Ops or MA ARNG Helo Tac. Gave out a Maryland phone #.

295.800 - Work on AR-631 Primary

Last edited:

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
The boys from Barnes Mass have been going out to W-105 every night this week for dogfights using Footrope as control! Starting with Giant Killer with the airspace approval at about 18:45 local. Unusual for them to go out every night of the week. Usually only hear them at night once a week at best. Not home tonight to post the frequencies but all was recorded and I'll update tomorrow. Heasds up Friday night at 1845 local!
Bob

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Scramble has blurb that next wave of Buffs will be later Friday morning than first wave.
I still don't see any Ctr Altrav tanker Res anywhere from Michigan to Miami.
Guess they are not posting these guys.

morfis

Scramble has blurb that next wave of Buffs will be later Friday morning than first wave.
I still don't see any Ctr Altrav tanker Res anywhere from Michigan to Miami.
Guess they are not posting these guys.

Not sure how many buffs but one was plotting (AE5893) North of Scotland and East to meet up with a tanker.
CLIP91 refuelled with QUID227 East of Scotland and then proceeded to Baltic area. RC135 LUCKY17 again out from Mildenhall to Baltic area before it.
It's now on it's way back to FFD. I have only heard the single callsign and single tanker.
FFD MATZ activated until 17:00 and at current speed the buff should get there well before that

AFD94

118.500 - "WARRIOR ####" (?) conversation with Hanscom Tower requested ILS and full stop.

123.450 - Distant conversation with only one side heard. Listed online as either CT ARNG Fury Ops or MA ARNG Helo Tac. Gave out a Maryland phone #.

Still pretty new at this. From what I found out, Warrior was most likely a Piper Warrior. Also 123.450 is a common aviation frequency. So disregard both.

Darkstar01

Was: N1RGR
The boys from Barnes Mass have been going out to W-105 every night this week for dogfights using Footrope as control! Starting with Giant Killer with the airspace approval at about 18:45 local. Unusual for them to go out every night of the week. Usually only hear them at night once a week at best. Not home tonight to post the frequencies but all was recorded and I'll update tomorrow. Heasds up Friday night at 1845 local!
Bob

Yep been catching on their night missions as well. Getting Wicked flight of three working Giant Killer as I type this. Sounds like their RTB Barnes calling up on Bradley Approach 327.100! Roger that on the 1845! Good to catch you in here Bob and thanks for the heads up.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Dover AFB Space A has a C-17 going to Cape Cod CGAS later this morning..
Rare destination from Dover.

Status
Not open for further replies.