Eton New Eton Receiver - like the E1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Thanks to a notice on WoR, the latest SWL Post has news of a new Eton portatop (is it?) similar in form, at least, to the E1 and the E1XM. Still no carrying handle, though (stupid exclusion, in my book)...

Wow! Check out the new Eton Elite Satellit!

The reports suggest that the sticky mess on the radio and several other faults have been corrected. Beyond that, and the fact that the E1 series had some serious quality control faults - well, I guess we'll see. The target release date is late summer this year. Unlike it's predecessor, I kinda doubt RL Drake will be involved in this radio.

Those that still have operational E1s have all been very high on its performance. I guess we'll see....Mike

cherubim

Premium Subscriber
Yes, i've read the blurb and discussion on SWLING.

It doesn't alter the fact that this radio is still a ghost as nothing has been confirmed about this radio's specifics. Anyone can put up pretty pictures of a radio to bait people but I for one don't think this radio will resemble anything like the old E1.

S

simpilo

Yes, i've read the blurb and discussion on SWLING.

It doesn't alter the fact that this radio is still a ghost as nothing has been confirmed about this radio's specifics. Anyone can put up pretty pictures of a radio to bait people but I for one don't think this radio will resemble anything like the old E1.
Universal Radio knows it's being released. The image of the original is just a placeholder until the 3rd quarter of 2019 when it will be released.
Eton Elite Satellit Radio

jbm32

Universal Radio has issued an update;
"This new model is expected no sooner than sometime in the first half of 2020,"

wb4sqi

Premium Subscriber
Contacted Universal Radio last week and they said July 2020 is still the expected release date but were expecting Covid-19 to have a negative effect on release date. No other rumors have surfaced.

mbott

Premium Subscriber
05/11/20
The information shown is preliminary and subject to change. Eton expects this new model to be available in 2021. Because of the date uncertainty we are not accepting web pre-orders at this time. Please check back in 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.