• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

New G4/5 7/800 antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I tried including a link to a different website in a post on the same FB page yesterday. My post was immediately deleted too. It must be a FB no-no to include the link.
That FB group is run by a group of Unication dealers. They will delete any posts in reference to sales not their own, but I wouldn't think they would delete a Unication post. I was referencing the antenna in this post. I just purchased it directly from Unication if they want to act that way. I left the group anyway, some of them are jerks.

Last edited:

N9JOD

Premium Subscriber
Just noticed the G4/5 new replacement antenna has a blue band instead of the factory purple. Also read this new antenna may enhance coverage. Anyone try one yet and/or heard anything from Unication regarding this new product ?

https://www.unicationusa.com/product-page/wip-g4-g5-replacement-antenna-extra-gain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You could just save yourself some money and buy a pack of different colored bands. Some departments use different colors for different groups. Where did you get the idea that the replacement antenna would enhance the range? I don't see that anywhere on the unication site. Tnx

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I’m well aware that you can change the color of the band. It appears to be a different antenna with a different model number. GSANSXXXXXXX01 vs. the original GSXXANAS03EX.

Let’s stop posting what people may “think” instead of what is verified.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Where did you get the idea that the replacement antenna would enhance the range? I don't see that anywhere on the unication site. Tnx

It’s right in their link....look at my first post and note the “enhanced gain.”

N9JOD

Premium Subscriber
I put the link in my original post. Cmon guys !

I'll try it again. On the link you posted.......... To which I follow to the unication website..........Where does it say the replacement antenna enhances the coverage? I'm just asking.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I'll try it again. On the link you posted.......... To which I follow to the unication website..........Where does it say the replacement antenna enhances the coverage? I'm just asking.

It’s says extra gain in the link directly to Unication’s website. Someone also sent me a dealer selling it:
Unication G4 / Unication G5
Replacement Antenna - Improved 800MHz - Blue Band Unication G4 / Unication G5 Replacement Antenna - Improved 800MHz - Blue Band | eBay

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I am guessing that the green banded antenna on the Taiwan website is for the g2 and g3 which are lower in freq hence the longer antenna.
Hopefully Unication will chime in and let us know it was redesigned.Please don't bite my head off its just my guess!

I’m also hearing the G2 single band VHF or UHF and dual band G3 VHF/UHF are coming to the U.S. market. That look like the VHF G2 antenna.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Maybe @w2lie can weigh in as to what makes this "new" antenna any better than the previous antenna, since that is his listing on eBay ;)

krokus

Premium Subscriber
The extra gain has my attention. Right now, I have a Remtronix 800 MHz antenna on one of the G4s we have, to trigger our station bells.

Sent using Tapatalk

brucebuck1010

Premium Subscriber
Well that's interesting. The link in post #1 above no longer says "Extra Gain" - but my receipt does.....

Status
Not open for further replies.