New Haven County Police Hotline

Status
Not open for further replies.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
No they are not. 45.86 is the Statewide system which the Troops operate on while 460.150 is the South Central Area Network (SCAN), which is a local agency channel.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
By The Way!

Keep in mind that 460.150 is also local New Haven PD's ch-5 for special events.
Manny

Last edited:

millrad

Premium Subscriber
I notice that the CSPERN channel is often used as a hotline, since it has statewide coverage and every dispatch center has it. Is anyone still using 45.86? Almost every police department is off low band, so I'd be surprised if this channel is maintained.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
I notice that the CSPERN channel is often used as a hotline, since it has statewide coverage and every dispatch center has it. Is anyone still using 45.86? Almost every police department is off low band, so I'd be surprised if this channel is maintained.

A lot of departments still use this as it is a Base to Base set up, 45.86 was never intended for vehicle use. However the frequency was great for doing cross patches with the other department's radios. The idea was the since it was LO-Band VHF, the radio waves would be able to travel farther distances so other departments could hear them statewide. At least that is what the intentions were told to me.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
not sure if it's still done, but I remember back in the day the roll call on 45.86 it was great there were so many departments from all over the state that you couldn't hear but you could hear them on 45.86. CSPERN is a nice setup if people wouldn't keep having open mic's . the coverage is great otherwise

jsjazz

hotline

I do hear traffic on 39.46 in Fairfield county. I don't have the best low band set up right now but I hear a few towns around the county. NH hotline seems to be a bit more active and CSPERN as well

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
not sure if it's still done, but I remember back in the day the roll call on 45.86 it was great there were so many departments from all over the state that you couldn't hear but you could hear them on 45.86. CSPERN is a nice setup if people wouldn't keep having open mic's . the coverage is great otherwise

When I was at Troop I, we conducted the roll call at 6 am. I want to say Troop K or C did theirs at 5 am.

oilmillcharlie

Premium Subscriber
When I was at Troop I, we conducted the roll call at 6 am. I want to say Troop K or C did theirs at 5 am.

In S.E. Ct Groton PD tests with area departments from Clinton to Willimantic to Troop K to Troop D and every department in between at 4:00 AM. on 45.86.

B.K.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
In S.E. Ct Groton PD tests with area departments from Clinton to Willimantic to Troop K to Troop D and every department in between at 4:00 AM. on 45.86.

B.K.

Thanks BK that is the one I was thinking of. It's been a while for me begin in the dispatcher's chair. I actually checked in one night/morning with them after no one called in just so they knew thier radio was working. Talk about a "bat phone call" from K after that one! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.