new haven pd - f1

Status
Not open for further replies.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
not sure if anyone else is hearing this but last couple of days i've noticed a "beep" every few seconds when pd transmits on 460.100. what the heck is it? i know it's not an identifier as new haven has a distictive tone on there radios for that. not sure how long this has been going on either as i usually just listen, but not "really" listen.

GKENY044

Premium Subscriber
joetnymedic said:
not sure if anyone else is hearing this but last couple of days i've noticed a "beep" every few seconds when pd transmits on 460.100. what the heck is it? i know it's not an identifier as new haven has a distictive tone on there radios for that. not sure how long this has been going on either as i usually just listen, but not "really" listen.

I'm not sure why, I rarely listen to CH1 but its only on the mobile side of the transmissions. I know New Haven has been updgrading their portables. Im not sure about the head units in the cars. Maybe something with a design?

Portable14

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
cougarct06512 said:
I know New Haven has been updgrading their portables.

As far as upgrades go, I can tell you that as far back as February 2006, They have been carrying Motorola XTS 5000's. Maybe they're going to digital or encrypted sometime soon??? It's anyone's guess.....

GKENY044

Premium Subscriber
Portable14 said:
As far as upgrades go, I can tell you that as far back as February 2006, They have been carrying Motorola XTS 5000's. Maybe they're going to digital or encrypted sometime soon??? It's anyone's guess.....

they already have encryption in at least some of their radios. I mostly hear is on Channel 5 460.150 during something major. I'm not sure how many radios have it or if only certain divisions have it (narcotics etc). I heard the enc used a lot the weekend before the narcotics division got busted.

Status
Not open for further replies.