NEW: ICOM (PC)R-2500/(PC)R-1500 Firmware + Software Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamnscan

Which version?

I've been following these HUGE threads trying to evaluate which PCR2500 to buy.. and after a lot of reading I still can't decide. If any of you could start over, in light of the models currently available, the recent firmware update and mods, would it be better to purchase the canadian version (radioworld), or the palacemuseum version (assuming you plan to listen to P25)? Is there even a difference? Do both require the mod to do P25 over 760Mhz? Thanx in advance!

zipperone

hamnscan said:
I've been following these HUGE threads trying to evaluate which PCR2500 to buy.. and after a lot of reading I still can't decide. If any of you could start over, in light of the models currently available, the recent firmware update and mods, would it be better to purchase the canadian version (radioworld), or the palacemuseum version (assuming you plan to listen to P25)? Is there even a difference? Do both require the mod to do P25 over 760Mhz? Thanx in advance!

I was in the same position a while back. i settled for an unblocked (like canadian) with the P25 slot . I have not yet added the UT-122 but will consider when the local auths upgrade to a p25 system sometime next year. So if you do not want to follow trunking and use basic P25, go for it. You will not need to do the diode mod to extend P25 coverage. The firmware upgrade works just fine. Maybe the one you buy in the future will come with the upgrade already on it.
hope this helps

Z

Status
Not open for further replies.