New Jeffco Tanker Base Freq

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
I was up at the Jeffco Tanker Base at Metro Airport the last couple of days. I noticed a sign on the Jeffco Tanker Base building facing the ramp that gave the Tanker Base Freq: 124.475 MHz. This would explain why I haven't heard anything on the old freq recently... FYI.

Attachments

• KBJC-Tanker-Base-7-3-18F.jpg
    KBJC-Tanker-Base-7-3-18F.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 292

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Awesome, I was wondering why I was hearing nothing on this freq despite all the recent fire aircraft activity.:)

eyes00only

Good catch. Used to work next to RMA and miss all the action. Haven't been
there since they moved the tower many years ago. Lots of helo traffic there too.
I have a picture somewhere of a tanker that got loose and rolled into the road.

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
Fires In Colorado

Go to the Colorado Data Base page, the click on 'Colorado Federal' under the Area wide frequencies, scroll down to "Initial Fire Attack Aircraft Communications". I've heard some interesting communications on these freqs because of their proximity to the Denver Area. There's also a very nice map link next to the title of the list...

Attachments

• 2012InitialAttack.jpg
    2012InitialAttack.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 235

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Go to the Colorado Data Base page, the click on 'Colorado Federal' under the Area wide frequencies, scroll down to "Initial Fire Attack Aircraft Communications". I've heard some interesting communications on these freqs because of their proximity to the Denver Area. There's also a very nice map link next to the title of the list...

The big thing to note about this is that listing is dated to 2012 and has not been updated since. The frequency assignments can change every year. The A/A frequencies are particularly volatile as I understand that none of the ones from 2012 are in use anymore. Most everything regarding Initial Attack frequencies are considered sensitive information and are therefore not frequently seen in public.

The National Incident Radio Support Cache wiki article has more updated information, although it is not completely updated with Jeffco being an example. Some examples include a new zone being established on the Western Slope and the addition/removal/changes for some of the A/G frequencies.

An aside, I'm not sure why those would be listed as "Colorado Federal" as they are part of the larger Nationwide "Natl Interagency Fire Center" or "Natl Incident Radio Support Cache". Not surprising that they aren't anywhere to be found in either of those sections.

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
Tactical Fire Freqs

I was hearing traffic on one of the Zone 6 freqs for a new fire in Boulder County last week so some of them are still in use.

Status
Not open for further replies.