New Jersey Interoperability Communication System (NJICS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clifton NJICS UPdate:
:unsure: The pro NJICS forces (Sales Reps etc.) are working overtime with City Government Officials to push this system for ALL public safety communications in the City. The Fire department originally "panned" the system in "their opinion" due to coverage issues. Since the Chief of the Department retired in December of 2018, the interim "younger" Chief and his staff are under pressure and are now reconsidering joining the NJICS. Nothing definite yet......Primary reasons are the cost savings to maintain the current radio system. The city operates 5 VHF repeater systems for Police, Fire and DPW with various voters , microwave links, actual portable, mobile radios and their accessories. The City figures it would be cheaper in the long run purchase new NJICS P25 Type II radio consoles, mobiles and portables and the fees to the state, rather than pay to maintain and keep up to date the current VHF system.
The next few months are going to be interesting to see if the City of Clifton goes hook line and sinker to NJICS! The pressure is ON!
:cautious::rolleyes: Keep listening and watching for those new TGs on the NJICS.
They should do it for the safety of the first responders how would it cost the city

CM1

Premium Subscriber
What exactly are the StateCom talkgroups (or intended to be) used for? Been monitoring them for a few days now and all I've heard are a few radio checks.

Murenovich

Not the Flatlands, Not the Mountains in NJ
What exactly are the StateCom talkgroups (or intended to be) used for? Been monitoring them for a few days now and all I've heard are a few radio checks.

You tend to hear big events on them with multiple state agencies involved or a large amount of NJSO Troopers. During Football season StateCom 3 usually has all of the NJSP activity at Metlife stadium they also use it for big concerts and events like the State Fair. You definitely catch a lot more regular activity on the StateCom channels during the summer and fall, primarily during Football Season.

nyscan

Travelling the GSP from the NY line to the southern shore points what sites would you pair with the 3 NJSP TG's, North, Central and South? Using a Unication receiver, I pretty much have to program each site separately. Thanks in advance.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
You don’t have to program each site separately. I created a know position called “NJSP GSP” and another called “NJSP TPKE”. Each one only scans the dispatch channel talkgroup for North Central and South on each of those roadways. But I have multiple sites programmed in so the G5 autocratically switches as I drive through each area. So I could start at NY on the GSP knob position and not touch it all the way south. Stick with the major simulcasts vs the one sites to hear the most traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nyscan

You don’t have to program each site separately. I created a know position called “NJSP GSP” and another called “NJSP TPKE”. Each one only scans the dispatch channel talkgroup for North Central and South on each of those roadways. But I have multiple sites programmed in so the G5 autocratically switches as I drive through each area. So I could start at NY on the GSP knob position and not touch it all the way south. Stick with the major simulcasts vs the one sites to hear the most traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So it will switch from site to site as needed on the Uni G4/5? Thought it liked to stick with the first site it received.

I've been picking up all encrypted traffic on the Bergen Rapid Deployment Team TG off of the Ramapo site for the better part of yesterday and all of today.
RIDs all 710xx. What agency is this?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I've been picking up all encrypted traffic on the Bergen Rapid Deployment Team TG off of the Ramapo site for the better part of yesterday and all of today.
RIDs all 710xx. What agency is this?
Well, I would assume that it is the Bergen County Rapid Deployment Team, since they're operating on their talkgroup. :unsure:

Well, I would assume that it is the Bergen County Rapid Deployment Team, since they're operating on their talkgroup. :unsure:
Makes sense. In that case, something has changed since last fall when they were operating with partial encryption and Bergen County Prosecutor RIDs.

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
Makes sense. In that case, something has changed since last fall when they were operating with partial encryption and Bergen County Prosecutor RIDs.
County has their own ID setup on BC trunk. I think I have seen 71 prefxes on that, maybe they carried them over to NJICS. Wyckoff is 70XXXXXX on BC Trunk and is last town in BC alphabetically. 10s are PD portables and 20s are PD vehicles.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Clifton NJICS UPdate:
:unsure: The pro NJICS forces (Sales Reps etc.) are working overtime with City Government Officials to push this system for ALL public safety communications in the City. The Fire department originally "panned" the system in "their opinion" due to coverage issues. Since the Chief of the Department retired in December of 2018, the interim "younger" Chief and his staff are under pressure and are now reconsidering joining the NJICS. Nothing definite yet......Primary reasons are the cost savings to maintain the current radio system. The city operates 5 VHF repeater systems for Police, Fire and DPW with various voters , microwave links, actual portable, mobile radios and their accessories. The City figures it would be cheaper in the long run purchase new NJICS P25 Type II radio consoles, mobiles and portables and the fees to the state, rather than pay to maintain and keep up to date the current VHF system.
The next few months are going to be interesting to see if the City of Clifton goes hook line and sinker to NJICS! The pressure is ON!
:cautious::rolleyes: Keep listening and watching for those new TGs on the NJICS.

4-15-19 Update:
Police still considering and planning to switch to NJICS.
Fire Department however not convinced yet if such a move would be good or best.
FD now considering to license a few UHF repeater channel pairs for their operations.
Again nothing is definite here but the discussions continue. :rolleyes::cautious::cool:

Rescue728

Feed Provider
Alright, I need some help. Just purchased a BCD536HP. Logged into the sentinel software and the only system I put on the scanner is the NJ ICS. I selected my favorites list to monitor and shut off full database. I didn't set any sites or depts to avoid. I am not receiving anything, yet I'm sitting right next to a PSIC Radio which has reception. When I say I'm not receiving anything, I mean I have no bars on the reception indicator or if I do, it simply flashes one as it (i'm assuming) scans through the different sites. I've also manually tried to Site Hold each site on the system. I ALSO took every frequency from every tower and loaded it into its own Site and named it "Simulcast" thinking I'd at least get something. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

TG 4593 off the Ramapo site
Heard a road department unit run a radio check yesterday morning.
Anyone know what this is?

Status
Not open for further replies.