New Jersey Natural Gas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkstar350

I have been tracking this frequency - 158.145 which i get a lot of DMR on
CC1 TG2 SL1
It happens to be a statewide natural gas freq. for new york ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - KEC307 - National Grid USA Service Company Inc.

Upon monitoring i took some street names down some of which are rather common street names so they come back to various locations in new york as well as a location in New jersey
Looking around the database in NJ i found a page with the agency "New Jersey Natural Gas" with the 158.145 frequency listed with no tone or cc, etc Monmouth County, New Jersey (NJ) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

The DMR activity i get does seem to be possibly some type of utility company
The New Jersey Natural Gas license does have the DMR emission on it ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WQOS285 - NEW JERSEY NATURAL GAS COMPANY
And i dont think the gas company in NY uses DMR but anythings possible
Im not from New jersey nor do i travel there often im from NY and i can easily receive things from New Jersey especially with a outside antenna but if anyone from NJ with DMR capabilities is intrested you can help me confirm this
Thanks

RBFD415

I posted (a thread) about this change months back, as Tech pointed out, around mid year. I presently don't have DMR capabilities, so I can't confirm via monitoring at present. I can tell you for a fact that NJNG purchased new mobiles, which are DMR capable, these radios are installed in their trucks, etc. The model escapes me at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Darkstar350

Thanks for the replies
This is one of those mind boggling moments in the world of scanning - 2 similar agencies using the same frequency in which i get a fairly decent signal using outside antennas

The company here in NY - National Grid - is also licensed for digital voice but i think more so for P25
New jersey natural gas has the specific TRBO emission - but i know that isnt always certain as i have come across digital frequencies without the proper emission on the license, conventional channels using a trunk license, etc

I have had this frequency in my radios for a while but yes i would say sometime earlier this year is the first time i noticed DMR on it

I will keep taking street names/locations down and posting them here to see if they are specific to the NJ area

If anyone is intrested the channel info that i get the DMR activity on is
158.145 CC1 TG2 SL1
The units seem to call in to "Central" for the base

elias1988

Feed Provider
If anyone is intrested the channel info that i get the DMR activity on is
158.145 CC1 TG2 SL1
The units seem to call in to "Central" for the base

Yes that's most likely NJ Natural Gas for Monmouth County service area. I confirmed Ocean County and is in the DB.

Looking at my programming I have TG 3 as Monmouth County and TG 4 for Ocean County,I'm running in search mode with TG 5 popping up a few minutes ago and nothing for TG 2 yet.

Last edited:

Darkstar350

Yep most likely
I see it in the DB now

Thanks folks
Up until now i had never heard of New Jersey Natural Gas - i would have figured that National Grid and/or PSEG basically handle gas ops for most of the northeast

elias1988

Feed Provider
And it's listed incorrectly for Ocean County,TG 4 is for the 160 frequency not the 158 one which is only licensed in Monmouth County....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.