• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

New Jersey Scanner/Ham Antenna Installers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jngizzi

Premium Subscriber
Can any folks suggest a reputable Antenna dealer/installer in the Northern NJ/Metro area?

I'm considering putting up a beam on a tower or rooftop with a splitter configuration that will feed coax to multiple rooms.

Thx,

Joe

I would imagine any 2-way radio dealer would do it.........for the right price.

You could try Royal Communications in wharton, NJ 973-328-400 ask for Jim Verity or Mike Sullivan.

I have also dealt with them and am on Teaneck Box 54 with Bob Smith, the "B" in B&C. He's a nice guy and will give you a decent dealt. Just mention my name and watch his eyes light up!!

jngizzi

Premium Subscriber
jaymatt1978 said:
I have also dealt with them and am on Teaneck Box 54 with Bob Smith, the "B" in B&C. He's a nice guy and will give you a decent dealt. Just mention my name and watch his eyes light up!!

Justin: I called an left Bob a message today to see if he is interested in the job, or, if he knows anybody that would do it in the event he didnt want it.

I will also try the other sugggestions that were posted.

Thanks for all of your input.

jngizzi

Premium Subscriber
No Luck with B&C. There admin left a message indicating they do commercial setups and also would not travel this far out.

I may also look into NYC antenna installers since they would be closer.
Will also try the others listed above.

I wonder if Rat Shack has contract antenna installers?

Status
Not open for further replies.