New Jersey Turnpike Authority 800 MHz P25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustLou

If you check the DB entry you'll see that a bunch of the sites have common control channels but they are separated by large distances. So you may think it's the Wall (Site 10) but it's probably Paramus (Site 1).

Possibly. I'm only going by what the scaner is telling me. FWIW, I've never heard the Paramus site.

elias1988

Feed Provider
Not sure what scanner your using but try holding on the control channel and it should give you the site number.

Last edited:

JustLou

Has anyone tried to monitor this system with a Uniden HomePatrol II? It seems to be really bad at it. Most of the time it just displays the TG without any audio.

Barney6

Premium Subscriber
I monitor the Bloomfield site with a 436 and a Radio Shack 800 antenna (with BNC-SMA adapter) here in NE Bergen Co. 5x5. I know it's not a Home Patrol, but I'm really surprised at the great reception. FYI, Chuck.

JustLou

I picked up this HP-2 with the Extreme Upgrade fairly cheap, and I wasn't expecting much since the HP-1 wasn't great. Uniden never even bothered to provide a single update to this radio. As I expected, it doesn't really do anything well when it comes to digital reception.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
On the Woodbridge site this morning, TGID 23. Conversation between two users about looking into an office trailer with binoculars to see if "our guy" started on time and what vehicle he arrived in. Didn't catch a RID. Snooping GSP supervisors perhaps?

GM

Premium Subscriber
I also heard TG's 31 and 46 earlier today. Forum Member Lovescanner also reporting hearing TG 46 in the past week as well, but not sure what they were talking about. Perhaps it's one of the Technical Trades (Plumbers, Carpenters) Talkgroups?

Solidjake

Just to verify. A Uniden 436 will work with NJ state police (specifically for the Turnpike)? Thank you.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Just to verify. A Uniden 436 will work with NJ state police (specifically for the Turnpike)? Thank you.
Yes, however the NJSP Turnpike patrol are on the 800 MHz NJSP system, not the system being discussed in this thread.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Please do not hijack a thread to ask an unrelated question (this thread is only for discussion of the NJTA trunk system).

To answer your question, yes it will.

LOL - GTR8000 beat me to it!

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
TG23, Missed RID's, possibly Supervisors.
TG31, Missed RID's.
TG42, RID's in the 144xx's.
TG43, RID's in the 141xx's.
TG46, Missed RID's.

Woodbridge site.

This is likely to be one of the best mornings all year to work some discovery on this system.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.