New Jersey Turnpike Authority 800 MHz P25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseph11

So in the case of Talkgroup 16, it's probably the Ocean Yard Ops. Running Unitrunker on Telegraph Hill site last night, I did see some activity on Talkgroup 19 (suspected Clark Yard Ops), but nothing on Talkgroup 16

Looks like you hit the nail right on the head. 16 appears to be "Ocean Zone" as units on it are calling "Ocean."

Last edited:

Joseph11

17 is active now on Barnegat. Sounds like "Herbertsville Zone" as they mentioned mile marker 100.

EDIT: They also mentioned MM 98, so a little more confirmation there.

Last edited:

GM

Premium Subscriber
Ok, after reviewing Unitrunker data for the past several weeks in the Central NJ area, and with observations from others, I think I have figured out how the unidentified talkgroup line-up goes. This is subject to verification from all those who wish to help verify before submitting as confirmed to the database:

Talkgroup # Designation:

1 NJTA Unidentified
4 NJTA Unidentified
5 NJTA Unidentified
9 NJTA Radio Techs
10 NJTA Fleetwide

13 GSP Unidentified
14 GSP Swainton Yard Ops
15 GSP White Horse Yard Ops
16 GSP Ocean Yard Ops
17 GSP Herbertsville Yard Ops
18 GSP Telegraph Hill Yard Ops
19 GSP Clark Yard Ops
20 GSP Union Yard Ops
21 GSP Clifton Yard Ops
22 GSP Paramus Yard Ops
23 GSP Unidentified
24 GSP Unidentified
28 GSP Unidentified
29 GSP Unidentified

30 TP Announcement Patch
33 TP Amber?
34 TP District 1 Ops
35 TP District 2 Ops
36 TP District 3 Ops
37 TP District 4 Ops
38 TP District 5 Ops
39 TP District 6 Ops
40 TP District 7 Ops
41 TP District 8 Ops
42 TP District 9 Ops
43 TP District 10 Ops
46 TP Unidentified
47 TP Unidentified
49 TP Unidentified
50 TP Unidentified
51 TP Unidentified

Joseph11

I'll program these and report back my findings (if I hear anything new). Thanks for your hard work on this, GM!

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
TG19 seems to be confirmed as Clark Yard #3. Active right now talking about road conditions from Exit 142A to Exit 130.

JustLou

I still hear nothing on this system north of Woodbridge when on the Turnpike. There has to be missing sites at Northern Division, the Newark Bay Extension, and north of 18W.

GM

Premium Subscriber
No additional sites are in that coverage area described above. That coverage area is served by the Woodbridge, Bloomfield, and Paramus sites respectively with directional antennas.

JustLou

I've worked for the New Jersey Turnpike Authority In Tolla Adminstration for 30 years. Nobody in the Systems Department will give me any information on the radio system. They claim to not know anythIng. My department has not used the radio system since it switched from VHF. My office is near the Northen Division Office in Newark, and I've never heard a thing on this system with any of my scanners.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
I've worked for the New Jersey Turnpike Authority In Tolla Adminstration for 30 years. Nobody in the Systems Department will give me any information on the radio system. They claim to not know anythIng. My department has not used the radio system since it switched from VHF. My office is near the Northen Division Office in Newark, and I've never heard a thing on this system with any of my scanners.

Make sure your scanner is capable of receiving Phase II P25. It is most definitely active.

CM1

Premium Subscriber
I hear nothing x9 area Tpk

I'm located within a pebbles toss of the Turnpike dist. 4 maint. yard. I have tried a few different indoor/outdoor antennas/scanners...all with and negative results.

Sitting halfway between Woodbridge and Cranbury, I'm in a great spot, which adds to the puzzle. At this point I run all the frequencies I know to be related to the system in hopes of catching something. So far...nothing.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
I'm located within a pebbles toss of the Turnpike dist. 4 maint. yard. I have tried a few different indoor/outdoor antennas/scanners...all with and negative results.

Sitting halfway between Woodbridge and Cranbury, I'm in a great spot, which adds to the puzzle. At this point I run all the frequencies I know to be related to the system in hopes of catching something. So far...nothing.

From Cranford, I get the Woodbridge site CC on a BCD436HP with a Diamond SRH77CA on it, from inside the house at about S3 on the meter. Outside in the car, hooked up to the Larsen I get Woodbridge and Bloomfield without issue. So the coverage does seem to be subjective.

Kind of how I always completely loose the NJSP North Simulcast on the GSP between Union and Montclair.

BIODTL1997

Premium Subscriber
Anyone have the correct Motorola Channel ID table for this system? I've got my unitruker table in but am still not receiving anything.

thanks.

Joseph11

Here's a new one... talkgroup 3667 in Phase I came over either Barnegat or Wall at around 6:00 PM today. This is the TOC South (Safety Service Patrols South) talkgroup on NJICS and the transmission, though brief, sounded like what I typically hear on that. Are NJICS and the NJTA system linked now?

asnhnetwork

Perhaps it is a patch. The Turnpike Authority Operations Center in Woodbridge is a combined center with Turnpike Parkway NJ DOT and NJ State Police dispatched out of this location. Perhaps they have tg from different radios patched together.

Status
Not open for further replies.