• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

New Jersey Turnpike

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be traveling the length of the NJTP early next week. Which are the best NJSP talk groups to program? I'll really only need those active along the turnpike.

Thanks.

SCPD

don333 said:
I'll be traveling the length of the NJTP early next week. Which are the best NJSP talk groups to program? I'll really only need those active along the turnpike.

Thanks.
You'll have to program all 3 troops and the TGID associated with Turnpike patrols.

Troop D is Turnpike but they'll use for example the Troop B system when you get far enough north. For Troop B The TGID is 27024 / B2-14 NWTPK for Newark station patrols.

SCANdal

Silent Key

From South to North:

2-Comm 26992 on Troop A
1-Comm 53246 on Troop C
3-Comm 27024 on Troop B
Turnpike car-to-car 27056 on all Troops

SCANdal

wnjl

Also good to know is what each talkgroup covers:

26992/Troop-A - Southern Terminus to South of Exit 7A
53264/Troop-C - Exit 7A to Exit 14
27024/Troop-B - North of Exit 14 to Northern Terminus

You'll probably notice that north of Exit 4 you lose the signal of the Troop A system, so the 26992 talkgroup is simulcasted on the Troop C system (as is the 27024 talkgroup).

Status
Not open for further replies.