New LACOFD Regional Dispatch Centers. Antenna install FS118

Status
Not open for further replies.

spectr17

3 new LACOFD Regional Dispatch Centers are now in place around the county at existing FS. This is the antenna install at LACO FS118 in Industry. They've dedicated a room for dispatch where utility, PD, FD just about anyone can come sit down and plug in. There's telco D marks and other assets ready to go now in that room. Roof looks like a porkypine now with all the discones, omni bats, data pucks and Sat antennas.. That's the line crew from Pacoima with the clean install.

Attachments

• 20130716_103057.jpg
    20130716_103057.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 1,183

SCPD

QRT
I presume these are backup dispatch centers and that they aren't returning to the old "Antelope," "Valley" and "L.A." centers for all dispatching.

scottyhetzel

3 new LACOFD Regional Dispatch Centers are now in place around the county at existing FS. This is the antenna install at LACO FS118 in Industry. They've dedicated a room for dispatch where utility, PD, FD just about anyone can come sit down and plug in. There's telco D marks and other assets ready to go now in that room. Roof looks like a porkypine now with all the discones, omni bats, data pucks and Sat antennas.. That's the line crew from Pacoima with the clean install.

You mean telco demarcation points... The demarc. Is on the side of the premise. I would hope it would be a place to plug in networks and voip( voice over ip) phones. A cell boost would be a plus if the signals are low for all four major carriers. Thanks for sharing btw.. Is there aback uo generator ? Propane ? Natural gas?

dgower

Premium Subscriber
There's lots of natural gas produced in our office, but it's not used to power a generator. I think I'll suggest that.

bryan_herbert

Premium Subscriber
I wonder why they chose to install so many discones instead of just one and running the coax to a multiplexer. With the antennas so close to each other you risk not only reception issues but equipment damage as well.

Last edited:

n6ciz

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know the other county fire stations that are getting regional dispatch centers?

scottyhetzel

Are these just back up ops centers ? Dispatch is still on Eastern ave. correct ?

spectr17

They are backup dispatch centers, Eastern still the primary dispatch. I had a list of the other 2 stations that were upgraded, let me see if I can find it. One was AV and the other in LA area.

I'll ask the engineer on why all the discones, I know a multiplexer was discussed on the job walk.

Yeah, mounting all them antennas and drilling holes for the hoses in The Palace was a long job walk lol. They wanted to put them on top the clay roof and ended up on the beams on the backside.

spectr17

You mean telco demarcation points... The demarc. Is on the side of the premise. I would hope it would be a place to plug in networks and voip( voice over ip) phones. A cell boost would be a plus if the signals are low for all four major carriers. Thanks for sharing btw.. Is there aback uo generator ? Propane ? Natural gas?

Demarc, demark, samie same. Most of FDs demarcs are inhouse in the comm room, not on the outside of bldg.

I believe they have a diesel generator at FS118. I was shocked to hear from the gen peeps that when they test the gens monthly only about half of them fire up like they should. Seemed like a high failure rate to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.