New LEO Talkgroup

Status
Not open for further replies.

poppafred

I just caught 22401.

Two guys discussing interaction with Logan Co SO. It was obvious they were not in Logan Co, just talking about them as a 3rd party.

Is it possible for two individuals to input a random talk group and create a semi-private channel with each other without official assignment or is that something restricted to techs or HQ? :confused:

Usually a entity is asssign a base triplet. Ft Smith public safety is 312XX and their Public services (water, sewer, streets) is a 313XX. Sebastian Co uses 186XX and 187XX. The last 2 TG's I caught were both unassigned and seperate from other assignments. The first was a 197XX but that is state trauma comms. This one tonight was 224XX but that has not been assigned to anyone. 223XX is an ADEM assignment (car-to-car) and the next closest is Pike Co. on 228XX.

So...

Is it possible to use AWIN as a renegade????

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
No way to use an P-25 system "rogue". The security protocols used prevent this, just as they prevent you trying to use an P-25 radio as a scanner... You MUST have "permission" to be on the net. Every County has a set of TG's in a "band" for its usage by County Public Safety (SO/OEM/FD's etc), Municipal PS, and Public Works agencies. There are also of course Mutual Aid TG's. Lets say for example A county is assigned the "band" 22600-22699 for use by its PS agencies... They only "officially" are using 22600-22604 for the SO, 22610-22620 for OEM and VFD's.... That leaves them a LOT of open slots to use for ANY purpose related to PS operations.... Lets say they pop in 22606 for INTERCOUNTY Mutual Aid, 22608 for INTRACOUNTY Mutual Aid, and use these in addition to the STATEWIDE MAC's...... As well as any various number of patched TG's.... For example in MS, on the MSWIN there is currently one county that all primary FD/EMA ops are VHF, but a couple of municipalities are using the MSWIN, and a seperate TRS for ops. They have set up a system of patches through MSWIN to interop etc... Sorry to seem longwinded.. But again, there is NO unathorized usage on a P-25 system. Unlike certian other "cheaper" digital routes....... Enough siad. :)

scottp1111

All talk groups require an issued hardware key from the state wireless commission. If you key is authorized for 3certain talk groups then those three are all you get.... I have a key for mswin. It can't be copied , read , duplicated modified , nothing! Secure secure secure. You can't hack this system at all. Every radios I'd has to be activated. I have watched them do it, radio serial number 3 times plus wcc admin password into the server... Very very secure

Status
Not open for further replies.