New License - Corrections Corp of America for Federal Agencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Corrections Corporation of America, a long time holding facility for the Federal Bureau of Prisons and ICE has just been granted new STA licenses, one in Eloy TX for 200 DMR radios, the other in Indianapolis IN for 140 DMR radios. Given the situation with the Caravans, I'm wondering if these will be the holding facilities ICE will be using. The STA in both cases is for 6 months.

ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WRCN433 - Corrections Corporation of America

ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WRCN434 - Corrections Corporation of America

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
CCA has a facility about 50 miles from me in Lumpkin, GA. They house illegal aliens. About twice a week, a charter flight (usually an MD-11) arrives in Columbus, GA, to move them out. The planes go to Miami, Alexandria, Brownsville and a couple of other places, depending on which country the detainees are going to.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
CCA houses a lot of prisoners for both the federal bureau of prisons and ICE detainees. The other major company is Geo Group (formerly Wackenhut).

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

Would you have a fcc call sign for them? I didm not see one when I searched them. I did find one for their old name Wackenhut 0001822105 and that frn also reflects G4S Secure Solutions (USA) Inc

D

DaveNF2G

They could be using frequencies allocated to BoP, which are assigned by IRAC and have been unavailable to the public since the Reagan Administration.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
They could be using frequencies allocated to BoP, which are assigned by IRAC and have been unavailable to the public since the Reagan Administration.

No, they are using Part 90 freqs, not BOP, many of them are DMR. These are civilian agencies providing bed space, typically, they are not allowed to house federal prisoners if they are US citizens, unless they are state borders in a federal facility. Federal prisoners in a CCA, GEO or other private facility needs to have an order of deportation upon completion of their sentence.

I'm not sure what DHS/ICE policies are for the detainees they house there.

Status
Not open for further replies.