New Lincoln / Lancaster County P25 system

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see the details on this. What new hardware does this account for? If the Lancaster County Rural Departments made the change to the new City/State system, they'd have to replace 100% of their equipment, every mobile, hand held, pager and base station.

I don’t think they would replace pagers. They just patch the vhf to the new system. Then dispatch could use that new automated voice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BigRedBox80

Feed Provider
I don’t think they would replace pagers. They just patch the vhf to the new system. Then dispatch could use that new automated voice
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don't think the effort would be well spent not replacing the pagers. The two biggest issues for county operations are channel availability and coverage.

Regardless, the number of mobiles and hand helds would drive the cost very high by them selves.

looks like more testing today. One is reporting he is in Wahoo and sound clear. Also seeing them using state wide 10.
In unitrunker i'm also seeing "service: 37"??

I have my SDS200 setup to record

scannerman402

FYI it's live. LPD and Sherriff are using. Patching back to analog. If you listen to an analog scanner you can hear the digitized voice on 1,3,5. References to the new tac channels 7, 8 today.

xmo

scannerman402's observation suggests that the transition to the new radios is well under way. Logically, the end is getting near for the old system.

scannerman402

2,4,6 where did they go?

All the law enforcement channels have migrated for LPD and LSO. The channels for dispatch 1,3,5 are being patched back to the old system for a short period. Other channels you cant pick up on a scanner is because they are not being patched If you look at the unit id on an EDAC feed they wont show the actual radio ID now due to the patch. The online feed is still using analog but sounds digitized due to the patch feed. Its not yet delayed like it is suppose to be once its all complete. Once the rest of the city is moved like LFR they will take out the patches. I have heard it may be late summer before all the agencies move over such as utilities. The end is near for in the clear listening for law enforcement in real time for the city

M

Mar67

All the law enforcement channels have migrated for LPD and LSO. The channels for dispatch 1,3,5 are being patched back to the old system for a short period. Other channels you cant pick up on a scanner is because they are not being patched If you look at the unit id on an EDAC feed they wont show the actual radio ID now due to the patch. The online feed is still using analog but sounds digitized due to the patch feed. Its not yet delayed like it is suppose to be once its all complete. Once the rest of the city is moved like LFR they will take out the patches. I have heard it may be late summer before all the agencies move over such as utilities. The end is near for in the clear listening for law enforcement in real time for the city
Ways to listen not on a delay is what?

scannerman402

None. its encrypted so no scanner will pick up. The only way to listen is the online feed which will be delayed. LFR will be in the clear as well as some other talk groups.

M

Mar67

None. its encrypted so no scanner will pick up. The only way to listen is the online feed which will be delayed. LFR will be in the clear as well as some other talk groups.
Will anywhere have the frequencies? What system will they be using?

BigRedBox80

Feed Provider
Is everything switched over now?
No, only LSO and LPD are on the system currently. LFR will be next, along with hospitals and rural ambulances. After that they'll finish with all other users by the end of summer.

M

Mar67

Is Uniden BCD436HP going to be able to pick up all the LPD Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.