New MARCS sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
All;

Per their newsletter, MARCS has added 4 new voice sites to former data-only sites, all in Zone 2:

Holgate (Henry County)
East Sparta (Stark County)
Kensington (Columbiana)
Butler (Richland)

If anyone happens to be close by, can you grab some frequencies (and possibly site numbers) for the group?

Thanks...

K8TEK

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Damn Tom, had I known this I would have brought my scanner with me when I was in Napoleon last week.

hoser147

hoser147

xusmarine1979 said:
This may be a stupid question, but will this mean there will be a new CC? If so I've scanned the bank and don't hear anything yet.

Its not a stupid question, just a question. There probably is, there are 7 counties up here in my area that are going to MARCs. Ive got the CCs and the Freqs but have heard only a little traffic from one county so far............hoser

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
The Holgate site is likely at/near J530 COUNTY RD 18,FLORIDA, OHIO - about 1.5 mi nearly due south of Florida.

The East Sparta site is likely at/near 9916 RIDGE AVENUE SOUTH, EAST SPARTA, OH - south of the Ullet St, Downing St and Farber St intersections to Ridge Ave.

Mike

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Update

wa8pyr said:
Per their newsletter, MARCS has added 4 new voice sites to former data-only sites, all in Zone 2:

Holgate (Henry County)
East Sparta (Stark County)
Kensington (Columbiana)
Butler (Richland)

Just found out today... these sites are not yet on line but will be in a month or so. Keep your ears peeled.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
wa8pyr said:
Just found out today... these sites are not yet on line but will be in a month or so. Keep your ears peeled.

Ok, thanks for letting us know. I was really surprised that I couldn't hear Kensington and it was driving me crazy. Given the tower I think it's on and its location, I'm thinking I should have no trouble copying Kesington from my location. I spent a few hours today searching around and looking for some new 6FOF 2XX sites and couldn't find any site #s that weren't already identified.

I'll periodically check. If you get any word that either East Sparta or Kensington are up, let me know and I'll take a drive up to Columbiana and Carroll Co and check out Kensington and the Stark Co E Sparta site with Unitrunker.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.