New member from Catalunya

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickair

Hi people.
I'm new in here.
I'm administrator in Escanerfrecuencias.Es (frequency scanner), http://www.escanerfrecuencias.es .
I don't know if I'll continue be entryin' here. It depends of my free time.

I think all of 'u are from United States, it's not?

I would like 'u correct my english (american) mistakes. I don't like British.

Looks so beauty.

captclint

Mentor
stickair said:
Hi people. I'm new in here. I'm administrator in Escanerfrecuencias.Es (frequency scanner), http://www.escanerfrecuencias.es .
Welcome to RR. There is a forum called: Europe Radio Discussion Forum and there is a section in the frequency database for Spain. I gather Catalunya is an independent Principality under Spain , so I don't know if your frequencies should be there. Perhaps you could explain your relationship to Spain so that we can understand if Catalunya frequencies belong there. Right now there are no entries anyway

Last edited:

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
Welcome!

always glad to see scanner/radio fans in different countries

Writen British English and writen American English is often very similar. Usually it is only slang words that would identify a British English speaker in a crowd of American English speakers, if the conversation is written only. There are also some spelling differences that are very minor that have only been considered American English for about 100 years. These are words that would be spelled with just an "O" in the American Version, and with an "OU" in the British English version. But if you have any questions, please ask!

Comint

Premium Subscriber
stickair said:
There are also members from Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, Holland, Australia, and New Zealand, to name just a few.

--
Comint

stickair

In my home forum, when I registered, nobody was takin' me in like this!
Thanks very much to receive me like that.

So, Catalunya's not independent of Spain, but we would like to be free.
By the way, we would like 'u treat us like another nation, 'n not Spanish.
Yeah, I can bring some frequencies, 'n if 'u want, I can link a complete list (but's old now). I'm makin' an OpenOffice document with all the recent frequencies in the forum. It's hanged up by me, with the same nick.

So thanks 'n I'll be helpin' 'u every time I can.
Stickair.

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
What would be the difference between Calunya and Spain? Is it a cultural, ethnic, or historical difference?

I am vaugely familiar with the Basque situation. Is this at all similar? And I know that Andorra is a seperate entity, Gibralter is administered by the British, and that there are two Spanish administered enclave's in the north coast of Morocco, so it is no suprise if there is a push for independence. Did I miss any enclave/exclaves or independent states within the penninsula? Spain is a very interesting country when you look at it closely!

stickair said:
In my home forum, when I registered, nobody was takin' me in like this!
Thanks very much to receive me like that.

So, Catalunya's not independent of Spain, but we would like to be free.
By the way, we would like 'u treat us like another nation, 'n not Spanish.
Yeah, I can bring some frequencies, 'n if 'u want, I can link a complete list (but's old now). I'm makin' an OpenOffice document with all the recent frequencies in the forum. It's hanged up by me, with the same nick.

So thanks 'n I'll be helpin' 'u every time I can.
Stickair.

stickair

Did I miss any enclave/exclaves or independent states within the penninsula?
Jejeje
In spain wants to be free Andalusia (south), Basques, knowed better like Euskal Herria (north, as 'u know), Galicians (north-west) 'n Catalan Countries, that includes Catalunya, València, 'n Balear Islands.

I want Catalunya independent coz Spain's takin' much more than normal money to take. Here's a soap jeje.
Are there in the other side of the pool a region that would wants to be free?
I would be amazed if 'u say me no.

73's

SAR923

Stickair,
The United States already went through that phase. It was called the Civil War. I think there are a lot of people who like to see California become an independent country or, better yet, fall off into the ocean, but there's not much separatist fever over here.

MaxMan1986

Jejeje
In spain wants to be free Andalusia (south)

I spent 4 months in Andalusia last year. Andalusians take great pride in their region, but I never heard anyone say they wanted to be independent from Spain. There may be some people that do, but they're definitely in the minority.

Last edited:

stickair

I spent 4 months in Andalusia last year. Andalusians take great pride in their region, but I never heard anyone say they wanted to be independent from Spain. There may be some people that do, but they're definitely in the minority.

Yeah.
It's not a minority, but Andalusia's well integered in Spain, 'n harly 'u'll hear "we wanna be independent" coz it isn't grave. We're leaved out, the catalans. In Andalusia don't have problems of political corruption. Zapatero doesn't rob cash there. Here, we bring the 18% of the gross interior product. We don't have much resources, like has the remaining part of Spain.

Catalunya live!

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
Jejeje
In spain wants to be free Andalusia (south), Basques, knowed better like Euskal Herria (north, as 'u know), Galicians (north-west) 'n Catalan Countries, that includes Catalunya, València, 'n Balear Islands.

I want Catalunya independent coz Spain's takin' much more than normal money to take. Here's a soap jeje.
Are there in the other side of the pool a region that would wants to be free?
I would be amazed if 'u say me no.

73's

Vermont has an active minority that would like to possibly achieve independence if State right to govern is reduced.

Texas actually has it in their state constitution the ability become independent. It is the only US state that can legally become seperate from the Republic.

Eastern Washington State (not the federal district) has thought of becoming their own state, but not leaving the American republic. New York City has thought about leaving the State of New York as well.

Puerto Rico is currently a dependency of the USA. There are groups there that would like to become an independent nation, and there are other groups that would like to become our 51st state.

In Canada, there is the Quebec independence movement. This is the closest to any independence movement you will get in the northern hemisphere over here. The independent side is very serious and there has been VERY close votes in the past.

The United Nations does state that ethnic groups are entitled to self-determination and statehood. I think that this is a good thing because, although we all live on this world equal and together, it is easier to appreciate differences between cultures when you can be proud of your own. I always like to find that beneth all the differences, there is always something that you have in common with people that you think are so different.:p

Stickair,
The United States already went through that phase. It was called the Civil War. I think there are a lot of people who like to see California become an independent country or, better yet, fall off into the ocean, but there's not much separatist fever over here.

lol, if that happen say good by to US economy!

btw Welcome to RR stickair

Status
Not open for further replies.