New Member needs source for incidents Balto Co=1st responder Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrJimSmith

Dear members,
I would like t get sources for police and fire incidents for precinct 8?? (Belair rd) on my uniden scanner. I have been hit by a rare and high mortality form of Arthritis and sometimes cannot hear auto accidents near my house.
I have been first on scene for over 10+ incidents (last being flown to Shock Trauma). Although I can't work anymore it is a shame to waste my medical knowledge.
My Father worked on the B&O railroad; so I am familiar with scanners etc.
Any help would be appreciated, Thank You Dr Jim

OldSchool1959

Dear members,
I would like t get sources for police and fire incidents for precinct 8?? (Belair rd) on my uniden scanner. I have been hit by a rare and high mortality form of Arthritis and sometimes cannot hear auto accidents near my house.
I have been first on scene for over 10+ incidents (last being flown to Shock Trauma). Although I can't work anymore it is a shame to waste my medical knowledge.
My Father worked on the B&O railroad; so I am familiar with scanners etc.
Any help would be appreciated, Thank You Dr Jim

Dr. Jim,
First let me issue my new guy disclaimer: "Any information provided my me is likely to be fraught with errors but since I'm not a physician, you're safe to follow my suggestions".
Since you're in Baltimore County and I'm assuming the Northern portion of the county, you might want to check the frequencies here; Baltimore County Trunking System, Various, Maryland - Scanner Frequencies
You don't mention if your Uniden scanner is Project 25 capable but from what I can see, it will need to be. Sorry about your Arthritis and I wish you luck.

ocguard

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the Radioreference forum.

You will need a digital trunktracking scanner to listen to Baltimore County's P25 radio system which is used by all police, fire, and EMS responders in Baltimore County.

I do not, recommend, however, using a scanner to "respond" as a layperson to emergencies, even with a medical background. Without proper emergency response training and protective equipment, you place yourself in great danger.

DrJimSmith

Thank you ocguard !

Do know if "PoPTRONICS" in south central Baltimore is still in business,,AND is their rep still good(My father used them).
Reason I ask is painful to type or hold phone= need2 hand surgeries stat. Tx Dr. Jim

DrJimSmith

Dear "OldSchool",
Your title reminds me of OLD Lake Montebello Elementary School #44 (before it was Blockbusted in 60's)
THANK YOU Sincerely for your help! I will try in the future to ask you two Gentlemen a question or two that's to the point and contains sufficient info. I know a Balto Co Lt Supervisor in Cockeysville pricent; but it is too far to drive (need both knees replaced=also stat!). Tx D.Jim

P.S.OCGUARD,, I sure won't use scanner etc.to respond=since I can't walk! haha.But it does remind me of being on the Cardiac Arrest Team for 3 years(same with ER-the Pit. Also 5 years in Intensive Care Units plus Surgery/Anesthesia Also 5 years teaching Medical Students,Docs and Nurses.plus Biomedical consultant at Shock Trauma Balto. (after being taught by Dr Dudrick at Harvard Med School). Tx JS

OldSchool1959

Dear "OldSchool",
Your title reminds me of OLD Lake Montebello Elementary School #44 (before it was Blockbusted in 60's)
THANK YOU Sincerely for your help! I will try in the future to ask you two Gentlemen a question or two that's to the point and contains sufficient info. I know a Balto Co Lt Supervisor in Cockeysville pricent; but it is too far to drive (need both knees replaced=also stat!). Tx D.Jim

P.S.OCGUARD,, I sure won't use scanner etc.to respond=since I can't walk! haha.But it does remind me of being on the Cardiac Arrest Team for 3 years(same with ER-the Pit. Also 5 years in Intensive Care Units plus Surgery/Anesthesia Also 5 years teaching Medical Students,Docs and Nurses.plus Biomedical consultant at Shock Trauma Balto. (after being taught by Dr Dudrick at Harvard Med School). Tx JS

Doc,
The screen name is a hold over from bygone days. I hope to help answer any question you might have but I myself am a new devotee to most things radio. I'm taking my HAM technician test in 10 days and do like to monitor local PD, Fire and EMS freqs just to stay informed. Nothing more frustrating than hearing a police helo circling your neighborhood and knowing nothing about the reason.
FWIW, my eldest daughter is a pink scrub nurse at MD Shock Trauma so I thank you for your service to that community.

Status
Not open for further replies.