• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

New NC Corrections NXDN systems?

NathanJ

Premium Subscriber
I saw that in the weekly update as well.

So much for interoperability, even among state users/agencies. Let’s not forget the plethora of NCDOC VIPER TGs available as well.

IMHO, if new radios were a need, then perhaps APX4000s could’ve considered and utilizing some of the 700/800 MHz simplex freqs while on a given prison camp?

I saw that in the weekly update as well.

So much for interoperability, even among state users/agencies. Let’s not forget the plethora of NCDOC VIPER TGs available as well.

IMHO, if new radios were a need, then perhaps APX4000s could’ve considered and utilizing some of the 700/800 MHz simplex freqs while on a given prison camp?

Because why should the government ever try to save money.

had a guy that works in a local prison try to tell me that the 800MHz radios wouldnt penetrate the walls inside the prison. needless to say theres a local tower within a mile or 2 of the prison. yet they can use low powered VHF radio systems around the prison...

NathanJ

Premium Subscriber
had a guy that works in a local prison try to tell me that the 800MHz radios wouldnt penetrate the walls inside the prison. needless to say theres a local tower within a mile or 2 of the prison. yet they can use low powered VHF radio systems around the prison...
Yep. I’m sure others exist but head over to the NC Database and take a view at the Nash Co and. Asheboro DOT VIPER towers.

So much for the reliability of a random guy who works for a local prison knowing very much about RF engineering.

thecop

Premium Subscriber
New Hanover County Jail NEXEDGE:
154.665 - Primary
155.260 - Spervisors
Although I know for a fact that these frequencies are correct, I’ve not yet been able to monitor them. Might be simplex.