New - Need Help w/ Pro 92

Status
Not open for further replies.

robmoon

Hi! I am completely new to scanners and radios, although I've always wanted to get involved, and I need some help. I've been trying all day to program this radio. Every time I think I'm inches from the finish, I mess up. I need step by step directions on how to program it. The whole trunking thing confuses me and I don't understand what anything means. Any help would be appreciated.

I live in Clinton County, OH and want to program it for as much stuff there as I can (well, not everything, but I'm sure you can catch my drift.. police, fire/ems, maybe the city transit). I mostly want to use this to listen to the police, though.

Also, could anyone point me in the direction of where to start reading or what to do to learn more about scanners, radios, etc.? I got this one from my grandpa, and it was programmed, but I decided to be Mr. Big Shot and try and redo it myself without any know-how.

I'd also like to try and program it to listen to the Taco Bell or McDonald's drive-thru just to make sure I can do it.. it sounds like it'd be fun to get it there and then listen for a few minutes. I found a website with the code for Taco Bell and ever since it sounded like fun. (Wilmington, Ohio Scanner Frequencies)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, guys. Thanks in advance. If this is too much to ask, I understand.

One of the hardest parts for me to understand is what mode to use, when to use DEC or that other thing for trunking.. pretty much everything confuses me. I'm brand new at this, I just got this scanner this morning.

robmoon

Also, whenever I'm on any channel on FM I get a lot of static, but talk comes through sometimes when I'm on the right channel.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I had one of the early 92s and had to send it back to RS for a firmware update. If you have problems with it you may have to do this.

Otherwise, go to the site below. Set up your scanner for an EDACS system and enter the frequencies in the exact order as in the DB.

Clinton Co. EDACS - Clinton County OH Trunking System, Wilmington, Ohio - Scanner Frequencies

This your county site - Clinton County, Ohio (OH) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

All this information is available here at RR. Also check out the Wiki it is loaded with info.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Pro-92

It's a good old scanner, but it is an older model. I don't know enough about the exact system you are trying to monitor, but some older scanners can't work with some newer systems.

Check out the Wiki page here on RR for that scanner. Lots of info. Near the end of the page it shows documents you can read and software that can be used to program the scanner. I highly recommend using WIN92. It is freeware and makes things a lot better.

Another thing that helps a lot of people is this easier to read manual.

quickie2010

Premium Subscriber
pro-96 questions

i just got a pro 96, programmed about 30 freqs by hand and put in group ID's somewhere but im not picking up anything. i want to listen to Wilmington, NC stuff but im not sure im doin it right. i followed the instructions on this site and the easier to use guide but i must have missed something. i'm guessing that the Group ID's are important in order to listen to the scanner so can someone walk me through step by step exactly how to put in all the info on 1 group id to make sure i can do the rest correctly? thanks :)

r_eugene1

robmoon..If you have the manual on your scanner go to the page or chapter that tells about programming a EDACS system and enter the frequencies in order (lowest to highest) and see how that works. Here is a list of Clinton County 800mhz frequencies.

1. 851.23750
2. 851.72500
3. 852.22500
4. 852.72500
5. 853.18750
6. 853.37500

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.