New offering - RadioFeed 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Any way to disable the audio scope? The new version is running hot. I am running on OLD hardware, but with 1.1.3, RadioFeed runs about 1-3% CPU constantly. on 2.0 it is running 7-15%, and when there is audio it is pushing 65-80%. Again, I am on old hardware, but I thought I would ask.

Try double clicking the scope until it switches to oscilloscope mode so the Fourier Transform algorithm won't process. If that don't work then switch to another tab that doesn't display a scope and see what happens.

Please advise on your findings.

kenmaples

Try double clicking the scope until it switches to oscilloscope mode so the Fourier Transform algorithm won't process. If that don't work then switch to another tab that doesn't display a scope and see what happens.

Please advise on your findings.

CPU usage is less when the oscilloscope is selected, 40 - 45%. Changing tabs or even minimizing to the system tray does not dramitically reduce CPU usage. I will reinstall 2.0 again tonight and try to get you more accurate values.

Again, I am running on old hardware, sub 1ghz.

Thank you for a great product!

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
CPU usage is less when the oscilloscope is selected, 40 - 45%. Changing tabs or even minimizing to the system tray does not dramitically reduce CPU usage. I will reinstall 2.0 again tonight and try to get you more accurate values.

Email me and I'll send you the latest RadioFeed file.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

Email me and I'll send you the latest RadioFeed file. It has another mode, double clicking turns off the scopes.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
Email me and I'll send you the latest RadioFeed file. It has another mode, double clicking turns off the scopes.

That's an option. Although I have not had the chance during this roadtrip to download and test your latest offering, perhaps a checkbox control would be another, better option?

I run several remote feeds so I am stuck with Remote Desktop or UltraVNC with tediously slow DSL uplink speeds on the remote end. Anything that reduces my mousing around and clicking and waiting to see the results is greatly appreciated. A checkbox or similar control that definitively turns off a feature that could consume precious uplink bandwidth (for example) is always near the top of my priority list. I don't see myself ever needing the scope feature, nice as it might be.

Just a thought to keep in mind during development. I LOVE RadioFeed, by the way! Thanks for all your efforts!

kenmaples

That's an option. Although I have not had the chance during this roadtrip to download and test your latest offering, perhaps a checkbox control would be another, better option?

Can set [audio scope mode]=0 in the configuration too.

Last edited:

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
The feed description or feed name on the Icecast server gets changed to (RF).

I have noticed this as well. Thought it was just on my end until I tried to change it. It's preset to be (RF) instead of the feed name.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I have noticed this as well. Thought it was just on my end until I tried to change it. It's preset to be (RF) instead of the feed name.

This was a design change I changed it back. I'll release 2.1 first thing Monday.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
This was a design change I changed it back. I'll release 2.1 first thing Monday.

I've noticed that these feed stealers, like TuneIn and others, don't even use most of those fields including feed description. The only place it's viewable is on the page generated by the Icecast server itself and the automated listing at dir.xiph.org of course. It might not be such a big deal after all. YMMV.

KC9JUM

Feed Provider
I loaded up the 2.0 version on the server, I love it.

One app replaced two. No more Winamp on the server.

No problems with Windows2003, .NET even installed on the server OS with no complaint.

KC9JUM

Feed Provider
I loaded up the 2.0 version on the server, I love it.

One app replaced two. No more Winamp on the server.

No problems with Windows2003, .NET even installed on the server OS with no complaint.

Okay I noticed the server page does not provide a listen.pls file as Shoutcast DNAS. Only a m3u file.

Would it be hard to add this?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Okay I noticed the server page does not provide a listen.pls file as Shoutcast DNAS. Only a m3u file.

It can be done down the road but have a heavy work load at the moment and working on getting version 2.1 out.

Doesn't m3u playlist files work for you? Set the OS file association for m3u files to your favorite media player and that should do it.
Icecast servers, I believe only have a m3u link.

[EDIT] I would think both a m3u and pls playlist links on the Web Server web page may confuse some as they both operate the same from a user perspective.

Last edited:

KC9JUM

Feed Provider
It can be done down the road but have a heavy work load at the moment and working on getting version 2.1 out.

Doesn't m3u playlist files work for you? Set the OS file association for m3u files to your favorite media player and that should do it.
Icecast servers, I believe only have a m3u link.

[EDIT] I would think both a m3u and pls playlist links on the Web Server web page may confuse some as they both operate the same from a user perspective.

Shoutcast DNAS provides PLS files by default. But then I had some folks wanting to use IE and Windows Media Player to play the audio INSIDE Internet Exploder.. I added an m3u file on my port 80 webserver that enabled IE and Windows Media player to play the stream in IE.

I just fixed the link on the webpage to point at the M3U link, works now... I might dump the m3u file on the port 80 webserver now.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
RadioFeed 2.1

Have a safe and happy holiday season.

RadioFeed 2.1

• Added - Audio Scopes - Added mode to turn off scopes with a double click.
  • Changed - Source Client - Stream to RadioReference now can change the stream name.
  • Changed - Source Client - Current listeners wasn't showing with Shoutcast version 2 servers.
  • Many more small improvements.
At this time, there are no known bugs or issues.

RadioFeed is available at ProScan on the right side of the web page.

Text Tags supported on the the BCD996XT, BCD396XT, BCT15X, BC346XT, BCD996T, BCD396T, BCT15, BR330T, BC796D, BC785D, BC780XLT, BC296D, BC250D, PRO-106, PRO-197, PSR-500, and the PSR-600 scanners.

RadioFeed is the most powerful and feature rich streamer software in this world.

RadioFeed Setup Instructions

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
You may have missed my post above, but when streaming to a shoutcast server the software does not indicate the current or peak listener numbers.

It's kind of hard to find bug reports when there all scattered here and there and don't know where to send the test file. Emails are given high priority as it's easy for me to get more info and send out test files until it's fixed.

Same goes with suggestions and request.

http://proscan.org/bug_reports_suggestions.html

Last edited:

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider

It's up to each user to configure his computer to do the Right Thing with the file extension. The links that I created on my web sites for my feeds have NO extension and it works on my machines. The header tells the player what the stream type is.

I HATE it when I click a link and it automatically opens in WinAmp, it messes up my nice playlist that I have tailored to be just-so.

So I'd leave it up to your listeners to configure their systems to do what they require, it's not the job of the server.

supraman762

I cant wait to get home and try to install this on my thin client. I have had issues installing scannercast and I am hoping that this will work for me. Thanks again

supraman762

It worked for me, finally I am able to broadcast my feed. Only problem now is that I cannot figure out how to send the audio tags with my feed. They are showing up in metadata and i have checked to send them in my RR profile, but they are still not being sent. Any suggestions?

supraman762

After posting this I have learned that if you want to see alpha tags you have to use the java webplayer and not the standard web player. All works well now. I wonder why the standard web player doesnt support alpha tagging....

Status
Not open for further replies.