New resource forthcoming for Oklahoma police:

Status
Not open for further replies.

car2back

I wonder if this is going to be piped through OLETS, or actually on the web? I imagine we'll soon be hearing dispatchers advising vehicles are negative NCIC, and insured! :D
icon14.gif

http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/DeliverDocument.asp?CiteID=446937
47 OS 7-600.2 said:
"The Department of Public Safety shall promulgate and adopt rules for an online verification system for motor vehicle insurance or bond as required by the Compulsory Insurance Law...The verification system shall be accessible through the Internet, World Wide Web or a similar proprietary or common carrier electronic system by authorized personnel of the Department, the Oklahoma Tax Commission, the courts, law enforcement personnel, and any other entities authorized by the Department...The verification system shall be available twenty-four (24) hours a day to verify the insurance status of any vehicle registered in this state through the vehicle’s identification number, policy number, registered owner’s name or other identifying characteristic or marker as prescribed by the Department in its rules...The verification system shall be installed and operational no later than July 1, 2008, following an appropriate testing period."

Last edited:
They've had that here in KY for quite a while now. the smaller towns don't have a NCIC machine (I never hear Glasgow say negative NCIC) but I do know Bowling Green has one. I hear them say "negative NCIC" everytime they run a license number.

jmtyra

Premium Subscriber
Well that's interesting -- good find there, I would have never known! =)

CAPTLPOL1

brutalpilot514 said:
They've had that here in KY for quite a while now. the smaller towns don't have a NCIC machine (I never hear Glasgow say negative NCIC) but I do know Bowling Green has one. I hear them say "negative NCIC" everytime they run a license number.

Are you sure that Glasgow does not have NCIC. That does not sound right. Just because they do not say negative NCIC does not mean that they do not have it.

CAPTLPOL1 said:
Are you sure that Glasgow does not have NCIC. That does not sound right. Just because they do not say negative NCIC does not mean that they do not have it.

Glasgow is a fairly small town. not even a third of the size of Stillwater (being originally from Oklahoma it's easy for me to use comparisons for y'all). Towns that small really don't have that much funding. They can do the basics, get the 10-47 info....i mean vehicle registration info....and they can show if they have insurance if that car is registered in the state of Kentucky. They can also see warrants and priors but i never hear anything anything that would only come across on an NCIC machine. Everything I've heard in Glasgow, I can hear on Bowling Green (who does have an NCIC machine) and still hear "negative NCIC" at the end.

car2back

I'm unfamiliar with KY's set up, but here in OK NCIC, VREG, Driver's License info, NLETS, etc is all on the same computer. :confused:

From what I've been told by a former BGPD chief that taught a class I took, they have a seperate NCIC machine. it may be accessible from their main computer but based on the way he was saying it the two things are seperate.

car2back

Just an update; VREG has began entering insurance information on to the vehicle returns through OLETS. They have advised that no enforcement action should be taken based solely on the info yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.