New Revision of SDR# Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

questnz

I have problem to install, have to copy Zadig manually ???? Possible too much security on my system

rev-1702 is on their website

Thanks for the heads-up!

I just copied all the files in that .zip over the my RTL-SDR directory.

That was a mistake. Now I will need to reinstall the Frequency Manager Suite plug-in.

I probably should have only copied the newer files.

C'est la Vie. :giggle:

DRL-XM43

Thanks for the heads-up!

I just copied all the files in that .zip over the my RTL-SDR directory.

That was a mistake. Now I will need to reinstall the Frequency Manager Suite plug-in.

I probably should have only copied the newer files.

C'est la Vie. :giggle:

OK Thanks, I finally have 1700 set up exactly for my needs and it works excellent, I don't think I will move from there unless a VERY compelling feature addition get added at some point. It looks like all the improvements are product specific and don't help me anyway.

Too bad there are now ulterior motives surrounding development.

AC9BX

Unless you are using Spyserver or the Airspy radio there's no real advantage in moving up from release 1700.
You can upgrade (and downgrade) it by copying the sdrsharp.exe executables and sometimes some of the dlls, just the new files. Most everything else remains. With some versions the xml and config (also xml) files become obsolete but usually they'll update as needed. You can keep your old xml files, plugins, bandplan, and config. In the event any up or downgrade doesn't go as planned you can start fresh. I'd go to your 'program files' folder (or 'program files x86' folder on 64bit systems), rename the current installation to something such as 'SDRsharp_old'. Then you can re-install or copy and paste into a new 'SDRsharp' folder, copy in your previous xml and config and see how it goes. This way you can always fall back on the previous setup.

SDRPlayer

Premium Subscriber
Although i'm an RSP guy, i use SDR# every day with my dongles as it is a solid performer with a huge array of plugins. "ulterior motives"?? I think not.

slicerwizard

What are their Ulterior Motives?
BUMP THAT...WHAT ARE YOU IMPLYING/ACCUSING SDR# TEAM OF?
Well, some of y'all haven't been paying attention..

SDR#'s compatibility with SDRPlay hardware was axed, as the SDRPlay was a direct competitor to the Airspy, but didn't come with PC software (buyers generally had to use SDR#)

So SDR# was "driving" SDRPlay sales, so support was pulled. An entirely understandable response to a product that was chipping away at Airspy sales (and profits)

These days, SDRPlay devices are supported by SDRuno, but I'm sure there are many out there who would prefer to use their familiar SDR# and its suite of plugins, and they're not happy with the SDR# team's decisions. Of course, if SDR# had never supported SDRPlay, this tempest in a teapot wouldn't exist. If the Airspy folks had never supported SDRPlay dongles, no-one would be grousing about it now.

Well, some of y'all haven't been paying attention..

True dat. :)

Thanks for the heads-up. I can see AirSpy's point of view.

I wish I could find a comparison of scan speed for SDRuno vs. SDR# with the Frequency Manager Suite plug-in.

The latter is slow. I would pony up the cash for a SDRuno unit if the scan speed was significantly faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.