New River Gorge / Gauley River / Babcock

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
Trying to program a zone of VHF channels into my APX and XTS5000 for hiking trips up to the New River Gorge and Gauley River National Recreation Area. So far I have the NPS New River Gorge, CSX, RJ Corman, and the WVDNR D4 listings from the database.

Does anyone know what tone Babcock State Park is using on their 151.115/153.965 repeater?

Is WVDNR using anything other than the 172.275 and 151.4675 repeaters for D4? I see they are licensed for some other repeater pairs as well specifically for D4.

Does the Gauley River National Recreation Area have their own frequencies or are they linked into the New River Gorge system?

Anything else I should be adding in?

Thanks in advance!

fredva

Feed Provider
The WV DNR has its own talkgroups on the WV SIRN. I don't monitor them, so I can't tell you how much they are used. In the past, I've occasionally heard conservation police officers on county sheriff talkgroups or channels.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
The WV DNR has its own talkgroups on the WV SIRN. I don't monitor them, so I can't tell you how much they are used. In the past, I've occasionally heard conservation police officers on county sheriff talkgroups or channels.

I knew they had talkgroups on SIRN but didn’t know if they still used VHF at all. I was in Beckley for a week in 2013 and they were heavy on 172.275 but my last day trip in 2016 I didn’t hear anything on VHF. Like I said just trying to get the appropriate stuff in my VHF radio for upcoming trips.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
Just a follow-up to this.. last time I was up there I did not hear any VHF traffic out of the Beckley DVA Police or out of Babcock SP to get a tone. Anyone know if the VA has moved off to their own system now or the tone for Babcock? Heading back up tomorrow.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
WV NRP aka DNR uses the WVSP troop dispatches to run 10-27 and 10-28s. Much like the PSC. Most of your activity will be there if thats what you are looking for.

I found most of what I was looking for on SIRN. Also monitored DVA PD on 170.5875 NAC D20. Unfortunately I didnt have much time to monitor the first day and it was pouring rain the 2nd so I did not stay as long as I planned or make it into the gorge.

Status
Not open for further replies.