New Roseville P25 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

kma371

QRT
I hear nothing when the Database is Scanning on the SDS100 and 436. This includes all that RR has in its records. All channels are included. Still Deaf. Does anyone actually own one of these radios that is hearing anything. My 396XT I had to deal with all that Control Channel stuff. You don’t need that in the SDS100 and x36 radios.

Are you sure service tags are turned on?

Can you actually hear the control channel in conventional mode?

Do you have NAC's set? Is it set correctly?

Many variables here.

325xia

Premium Subscriber
Are you sure service tags are turned on?

Can you actually hear the control channel in conventional mode?

Do you have NAC's set? Is it set correctly?

Many variables here.

The Full Database is On and all Service Types are On Except Rail. I’m pretty proficient with these settings. Are you hearing traffic on the Roseville P25 w/ SDS100 or x36?

kma371

QRT
The Full Database is On and all Service Types are On Except Rail. I’m pretty proficient with these settings. Are you hearing traffic on the Roseville P25 w/ SDS100 or x36?

Can you hear the control channel data in conventional mode?

I'm a little to far to hear them, but just trying to trouble shoot for you.

325xia

Premium Subscriber
I also have made a Favorite,s List and Apoended the New System in this list to ID Scan. Nothing. This was done through Sentinel. Like I do with all my Favorites

crucialcolin

Hrmm.. having no issues on my bcd325 which of course uses the older uniden firmware so I can't really help with sentinel. I do have all available freqs programed in that are currently listed on the RR db.

Is the database updated and current on SDS100/x30? It may be worth a check of the RR Roseville P25 page to make sure the frequencies match up correctly.

bigRoN18

Premium Subscriber
An hour or so ago, the control channel changed to 852.8250 MHz. As I'm the one feeding the Broadcastify feed for Roseville, I had to change that as soon as I got home. Thankfully I was able to see the frequency that it changed to and had it up and going shortly after coming home. I'll be happy when they figure out how to follow the control channel with SDRTrunk.

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
An hour or so ago, the control channel changed to 852.8250 MHz. As I'm the one feeding the Broadcastify feed for Roseville, I had to change that as soon as I got home. Thankfully I was able to see the frequency that it changed to and had it up and going shortly after coming home. I'll be happy when they figure out how to follow the control channel with SDRTrunk.
Can't you just program the four control channels for each system into 8 separate VCOs in Unitrunker for the SDR?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

kma371

QRT
I also have made a Favorite,s List and Apoended the New System in this list to ID Scan. Nothing. This was done through Sentinel. Like I do with all my Favorites

Asking again because you haven't answered the question and it's the most important part.

Can you even hear the control channel data in a conventional programming setup?

325xia

Premium Subscriber
Asking again because you haven't answered the question and it's the most important part.

Can you even hear the control channel data in a conventional programming setup?

Yes. I can hear the Data Stream on Conv. I updated the DB from yesterday’s update this Morning and it working now. Something changed in the new freq list.Thanks for the help.

bigRoN18

Premium Subscriber
Can't you just program the four control channels for each system into 8 separate VCOs in Unitrunker for the SDR?

I can in Unitrunker, but not in SDRTrunk, which is what I changed to. There are features I like better in SDRTrunk and the only drawback I've seen to SDRTrunk is not being able to switch control channels when they rotate.

crucialcolin

Fire appears to be up on P25 today.

Dispatch? It's all ready been patched over from VHF. Tacs on the other hand are on Placer XPLs and CAL Fire Tac 26 as an alternate.

As a side note I have noticed with the patched fire dispatch talk group on the new P25 you don't hear the Tone outs.

crucialcolin

That's very odd...their secondary tac is one of the VFIRE's (I think 26). CDF Tac 29 is not used in our Unit, and RSV wouldn't assign it if it was.

Each agency in western Placer County has coordinated the use of the VFIRE's as secondary tac nets. I don't have the list with me, but CALFIRE/Placer County Fire has 22, Placer County-dispatched fire districts has another, and each of the cities have yet another (Lincoln and Rocklin share one). VFIRE 23 is not used, because it is used as a primary tac for some agencies in Nevada and Placer counties.

Yeah now that I think of it, there must have been an error in translation. I recall later hearing something about most of dispatched apparatus being unable to access the new VHF tacs.

I heard anouther veg fire(Walmart/65) with the Tac assigned XPL 1 and alternate of 26 more recently.

Seems like they are stilling having radio issues however. Some of the tac related traffic was coming over regular dispatch only and from one side of a conversation(mostly traffic from the grass rigs). Then engine 7 couldn't get VHF to work at all. With all the radio changes lately they must number of kinks to work out yet. Challenging for sure.

Last edited:

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
Dispatch? It's all ready been patched over from VHF. Tacs on the other hand are on Placer XPLs and CAL Fire Tac 26 as an alternate.

Not picking nits, but it IS an important distinction for listeners:

Roseville will not be using ANY CDF (Still called CDF, not CAL FIRE) Tac-anythings as a tac net, unless they are on a State incident or a wildland fire in the SRA. Roseville uses XPL Tacs, VFIRE's, and 800 Trunked channels...no CDF channels.

I just don't want people to be programming in CDF Tac channels that nothing happens on, and then wondering/complaining that they are not hearing any traffic.

crucialcolin

Not picking nits, but it IS an important distinction for listeners:

Roseville will not be using ANY CDF (Still called CDF, not CAL FIRE) Tac-anythings as a tac net, unless they are on a State incident or a wildland fire in the SRA. Roseville uses XPL Tacs, VFIRE's, and 800 Trunked channels...no CDF channels.

I just don't want people to be programming in CDF Tac channels that nothing happens on, and then wondering/complaining that they are not hearing any traffic.

No worries.. not a bad point to make though. The new setup for Tac usage in of itself is a source of confusion. Especially with the way the RR database is setup. I'm sure there will be a number of "what are XPL tacs" questions as there is no mention of it under Roseville or Placer County DB pages. Then as anouther example I had to go through Department of Foresty & Fire (CAL-Fire) to get to the VFIRE's.

crucialcolin

Random question but is anyone else noticing the dispatcher transmissions sounding robotic or a little difficult to understand at times? Their female dispatchers especially as they tend to talk fast. It's interesting that field units sound much cleaner.

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Based on their radio IDs, I believe the dispatch consoles are still going through the analog system, so they're analog sounding mixed into the digital system, so it's this ugly robotic sound.

crucialcolin

That would explain it :) I was starting to wonder if somehow the dispatcher's signal was coming in too strong on my bcd325p2 with a RS 800 mhz rubber ducky antenna for some bazaar reason. You wouldn't think so with a P25 trunked system however.

I'm only about 2 city blocks(little over half a mile) from the PD and tower itself and already found that I can pickup the new system just fine without any sort antenna attached to the scanner lol

Status
Not open for further replies.