New Roseville P25 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

crucialcolin

Yeah I don't think the old System is online anymore myself which is probably why they had to resort to the single national inter-op frequency for backup. I'm sure there's a technical reason behind not being able to revert back to the old Moto system since they replaced some of the hardware equipment.

KM6TRS

Any updates with this?
I have a BCD436HP and I cant figure out how to get the new Roseville PD dispatch. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

quasi888

So last night I noticed that my home setup (a couple RTL-SDRs with Unitrunker and DSDPlus) for listening to Roseville was sounding really strange (like errors in the digital encoding, completely unintelligible), and then the audio went completely out. Then I noticed that BigRon's feeds on Broadcastify are offline, too. Coincidence, or has something changed at Roseville?

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
I can just barely get the control channel (853.35000) here in South Sacramento, but do see that it's active.

quasi888

I can just barely get the control channel (853.35000) here in South Sacramento, but do see that it's active.

Yeah the control channel is nice and strong, voice channel appears to be switching frequencies as necessary and receiving, and Unitrunker is showing the various device logins and calls, but DSDPlus is showing all kinds of errors for each transmission.

crucialcolin

So last night I noticed that my home setup (a couple RTL-SDRs with Unitrunker and DSDPlus) for listening to Roseville was sounding really strange (like errors in the digital encoding, completely unintelligible), and then the audio went completely out. Then I noticed that BigRon's feeds on Broadcastify are offline, too. Coincidence, or has something changed at Roseville?

No difference on my Uniden Scanner last night. I think I had it on until about 2:30am or so. I do know the control channel changes every once and awhile which breaks BiRon's feed until he updates it(an issue with SDRTrunk).

sacscan

BigRon's feed has been down for several days now, so I wonder if there's something going on with the radio system that's messing up his feed. A friend told me that there's another Roseville PD feed, but I can't find it.

quasi888

Well, I got my system up and running again. I switched the dongle assignments for the Signal and Voice channels in Unitrunker. (And I can't get it working again with the original dongle assignments.) I'm not sure why that would matter.

crucialcolin

BigRon's feed has been down for several days now, so I wonder if there's something going on with the radio system that's messing up his feed. A friend told me that there's another Roseville PD feed, but I can't find it.

I saw him post on Facebook that he was on a vacation and that his computer which hosts the feed got a faulty software update which crashed the system. He can't fix it remotely. So that's why his feed is offline.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Have YOU seen or heard any police activity on the P25 system today? I used to use UniTrunker before moving over to SDRTrunk. The one feature I miss from UniTrunker is that I could set one dongle for every frequency the system uses for a control channel so it will automatically switch to the active one when it changes, but I like many of the other features of SDRTrunk better, especially since I'm sharing my feed online. I can listen to talkgroups directly on my computer but NOT share them to the online feed, such as tactical channels, which I had to sign an agreement I would not send them to the online feed.

Since Saturday night though, I have not seen any further police activity, only fire, buses, and other public works.

You should be able to set up a "channel" for each of the control channels (the active and alternates) and use the same alias list for each channel. When the active CC changes SDRTrunk should just switch to the new active CC.

The systems I monitor have never changed CC's so I have never tested this but it should work, in theory.

picscan

Premium Subscriber
Still nothing? I heard them on a feed last night but my scanner wouldn't pick it up.

picscan

Premium Subscriber
In Sacramento, I was just in Roseville testing and still nothing.

picscan

Premium Subscriber
They are doing "radio service test 1..2..3..4....5" right now, still not coming over on my scanner or my friends G5. I can hear them on the app though.

bigRoN18

Premium Subscriber
They are doing "radio service test 1..2..3..4....5" right now, still not coming over on my scanner or my friends G5. I can hear them on the app though.

I've heard that type of traffic before... I'm guessing it was either on "Patrol 2" or one of the fire tactical talkgroups, as I don't have any of the police tactical/detective talkgroups going to Broadcastify. I was not listening to the system at that time. I am using SDRTrunk to monitor the system. My primary feed to Broadcastify has talkgroups 1, 3, and 101-113. I also send a separate feed of 101-113 (missing 1 & 3) to Broadcastify too. I then have some private feeds I send to an IceCast server of all the police talkgroups (not allowed per Broadcastify contract). I also feed Placer County Sheriff's "Dispatch 1" to Broadcastify, with "Dispatch 2", "Dispatch 3" and "Dispatch 4" to my private feed. While I'm at work, I often set up a few more private feeds. I then use an app called "Action Scanner" on my iPhone to listen to my feeds.

picscan

Premium Subscriber
I can barely get them with my TRX-1 and discone now, pretty spotty, my friends G5 picks them up easily from my house with the stubby antenna.

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
I can barely get them with my TRX-1 and discone now, pretty spotty, my friends G5 picks them up easily from my house with the stubby antenna.
What are you expecting for a response in here? It seems to be a reception or sensitivity issue with your TRX-1. Those two units shouldn't be compared together as the G5 is always going to outperform a scanner.

You haven't said what your location is, but that can be a factor. I cannot get the Roseville with perfect reception until about Citrus Heights when traveling northbound (eastbound I-80).

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

picscan

Premium Subscriber
Just sayin'. I live near Arden and Eastern. I was out at the airport tonight and the G5 was perfect from 17 miles away. It just amazed me compared to the Whistler, that's all, I hadn't even realized Roseville was up and running because I could never hear it until my friend let me try his G5.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.