New San Bernardino County 4 System???

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris3560

Premium Subscriber
I see that someone has posted the frequencies for the new 4 system. Are the frequencies the same for each of the 3 sites (paxton/donnel/rodman) on the new 4 system?

Thanks,

Chris

k6cef

Premium Subscriber
Chris, I live in 29 P in the shadow of Donnel hill. I hear the new system FULL SCALE!!!!Do you know why they added another system?? I still hear plenty on the old Morongo System as well. Where do you live??

Jim
K6CEF

chris3560

Premium Subscriber
I live in Landers. I hear the new system very clear also. From what I understand, the new system is made up of 3 sites instead of 2 sites on the old system. Eventually all users will be on the new system. I work for county fire. Some radios have the new system and some have the old system. Each talk group from each system is patched together. The old system is suppose to stay in place as a backup.

I would just like to know if there are different frequencies at each site or if they are all the same.

Chris

k6cef

Premium Subscriber
Chris, Not sure on what is at each site. I do like how I can hear such a wide area ie Yucca 29 P all on the local site.
Do you ever hear the local CHP?? I have never heard the CHP station up on 62. I can hear Barstow (not sure but it must be a repeater/relay).Do you ever listen to the airband?? I just started listening there. Some intresting pilot talk from time to time.

Jim

dropkick

Hmmm what was the purpose of a new system? Is it on the re-band freqs?

I wonder if the county plans to do this for other systems--set up a parallel as they shuffle repeaters around with changed freqs... kinda makes sense...

Status
Not open for further replies.