• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

    We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

    If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

"New" sarpy TGs

Status
Not open for further replies.

realgeo

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
May 11, 2004
Messages
466
Location
Murray, NE
Howdy, everyone!

Last night, while monitoring the traffic from an apparent fire at the Sarpy County Landfill, I logged two previously unseen TG's.

The first was 55, which I suspect is related to TG 48 (Law East).

The second one was 4784 and as far as I can tell from the traffic, it was either a Fireground or Command TG.

Frank - any clarification on these? BTW - JJK's got the EchoLink working quite well on .350!

73's de KC0HYI
 

topnik

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Messages
125
Location
South of Omaha, NE
Hey, I think the 55 TG

realgeo said:
Howdy, everyone!

Last night, while monitoring the traffic from an apparent fire at the Sarpy County Landfill, I logged two previously unseen TG's.

The first was 55, which I suspect is related to TG 48 (Law East).

The second one was 4784 and as far as I can tell from the traffic, it was either a Fireground or Command TG.

Frank - any clarification on these? BTW - JJK's got the EchoLink working quite well on .350!

73's de KC0HYI
...is a "pager" kind of tg along with 119...55 is used to let LE East guys know about fire/ems runs and 119 is used for LE West...I think this has been going on for a while...
 

wb0qqk

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 18, 2004
Messages
200
Location
Omaha, Nebraska
realgeo said:
Howdy, everyone!
Last night, while monitoring the traffic from an apparent fire at the Sarpy County Landfill, I
logged two previously unseen TG's.
The first was 55, which I suspect is related to TG 48 (Law East).
The second one was 4784 and as far as I can tell from the traffic, it was either a
Fireground or Command TG.
Frank - any clarification on these? BTW - JJK's got the EchoLink working quite well on .350!
73's de KC0HYI
Hello George,
No new talk groups have been programmed into my radio. I checked with the supervisors
and the other officers on my shift and no one is aware of any new TGs. I have no info
about fire department groups. I make it a practice not to run into places that other people
are running out of.
Hi ! Hi !
Frank.
 

NeFire242

Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2006
Messages
1,528
Location
Nebraska
I added it to the database. I thought it was already in there, but alas it was not. It is Springfield & Gretna Fire Common 1. They work together a lot and so it makes sense they would share a TG as well. I have even heard them page each other out from their stations.
 

realgeo

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
May 11, 2004
Messages
466
Location
Murray, NE
NeFire242 said:
I added it to the database. I thought it was already in there, but alas it was not. It is Springfield & Gretna Fire Common 1. They work together a lot and so it makes sense they would share a TG as well. I have even heard them page each other out from their stations.
Thanks! I'll add it to my 396 as well!

Another Top-10 day forecast for Cinco De Mayo! Enjoy it!
 

realgeo

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
May 11, 2004
Messages
466
Location
Murray, NE
wb0qqk said:
Hello George,
No new talk groups have been programmed into my radio. I checked with the supervisors
and the other officers on my shift and no one is aware of any new TGs. I have no info
about fire department groups. I make it a practice not to run into places that other people
are running out of.
Hi ! Hi !
Frank.
Morning, Frank!

Thanks for the info! I'd say that's a pretty good policy!! :*)

Have a GREAT day!

73's
 

wb0qqk

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 18, 2004
Messages
200
Location
Omaha, Nebraska
realgeo said:
Morning, Frank!
Thanks for the info! I'd say that's a pretty good policy!! :*)
Have a GREAT day!
73's
Hey there George,
You'll never see me volunteering to be a blue canary in a coal mine.
I'd rather have a bad day of fishing than a great day at work !!
73,
Frank.
Protecting and Serving (after coffee) for 33 years, 7 months and 4 days ;-D
 

realgeo

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
May 11, 2004
Messages
466
Location
Murray, NE
wb0qqk said:
Hey there George,
You'll never see me volunteering to be a blue canary in a coal mine.
I'd rather have a bad day of fishing than a great day at work !!
73,
Frank.
Protecting and Serving (after coffee) for 33 years, 7 months and 4 days ;-D
Hey, Frank!

That is TOO funny! Again, your attention to the "safety and sensibility of the work evironment" is quite noteworthy!

Wow - 33+ years of service to the community! Very admirable and my hat is off to you and the men and women who put their lives on the line every day to protect the rest of us! I appreciate very much what you do!

73
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top