New Scanner coming.. anyone willing to share their DB for Salt Lake area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasdjensen

Hi All,

I just purchased a BCT15x and it's on the way.. So I have time to read the manual online, get Freescan setup and start to learn how to put frequencies in this thing.

I'm a Ham Radio operator and I know that programming radios isn't a one time thing. You end up programming it over and over till you find a way of grouping, labeling etc.

I'm looking for someone to share their DB and maybe help me get started. I'm thinking I'll be able to hear anything in Utah, Salt Lake, Tooele, and Davis counties.

It's a little daunting to see how complicated scanning has become. My last scanner purchase was when I was 16 or 17 in the late 80s, early 90s. (Radio Shack Pro 46.. still have it, still works fine). I need to learn all the terminology of trunking, talk groups and all that.

Happy to give out any information to prove I'm not a criminal so you'll be willing to share info with me and consider it safeguarded. I haven't spent too long on this site yet, but have noticed it's a good idea to safeguard certain frequencies.

The FCC should be a pretty good set of credentials. My callsign is K7KKY.

Thanks for anyone willing to help me get started.

Jason

tahoekid77

Premium Subscriber
Depends on what you want to listen to....I have UHP programmed for everything on I-80 west to Nevada, I-15 south to Arizona. I can send you a 996 file, just send me a PM.

Blackink

Criminal?!?.....Safeguarded ?!?.........Huh?

Happy to give out any information to prove I'm not a criminal so you'll be willing to share info with me and consider it safeguarded. I haven't spent too long on this site yet, but have noticed it's a good idea to safeguard certain frequencies.

Would you mind explaining what you meant by safeguarding certain frequencies?
I haven't been around scanners long at all and I must have missed any posts here at RadioReference.com about criminals and safeguarding frequencies.

Enjoy your new scanner :)

jasdjensen

Not sure where I saw it.. but I was looking for frequency lists.. or that sort of thing. And I came across a thread where they were chattering back and forth about how a criminal could find non-published frequencies on a site like this and potentially use it to evade enforcement. I don't know how valid that argument was, but I though I'd mention "I'm not a crook" to to the folks here, so they wouldn't think that was my intent.

RonnieUSA

Would you mind explaining what you meant by safeguarding certain frequencies?
I haven't been around scanners long at all and I must have missed any posts here at RadioReference.com about criminals and safeguarding frequencies.

Enjoy your new scanner :)

I would like to see this also.
Maybe I'm sharing to much.

Status
Not open for further replies.