New Scanner Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

truckco07

I am looking at purchasing a digital scanner for PA ICORRS System , I need a decent antenna so I can pick up neighboring counties control channel. someone steer me in right direction

hardsuit

Vrigo Super Cluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Sagatarious
trucko07 - I suggest look first at the RadioReference Database , do a Search for PA and the System you want to monitor. there are really only 2 Scanners Worth Mentioning , the Whistler TRX and the Uniden SDS100. In my Opinion the Whistler TRX overall is the Best in Value, as everything in included. no Upgrades to buy. where the Uniden does a little better with Simulcast Systems but Uniden charges you to " Upgrade" the Uniden that the Whistler receives anyways , it just wont Trunktrack it. If you want Trunktracking then get a Uniden , otherwise the Whistler can still Tune Trunked Frequencies , it cannot Track some of the Newer Modes. VERY SOON Whistler is supposed to be releasing NEW scanners based on SDR Technology, the Receive Digital Simulcast better , the TRX-100 handheld and the TRX-200 Mobile Digital Scanners. perhaps you may want to Hold Off buying , or you can perhaps buy a Referbished TRX-1 from Whistler scratch and dent.

Status
Not open for further replies.