New SD card

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeErieLarry

Hi:

Do I just install the new SD card into the 536 and download from sentinel the current available frequencies??

Thanks Guys appreciate your time, and answer.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Follow the procedure for Re-formatting SD cards. It is on page 81 of the manual and posted below:

Reformatting the microSD Card
Reformat microSD cards using a special SD Card Formatter (https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/).
(Note which Drive contains the SD card)

Then, you need to “Clear User Data” using Sentinel to restore all HP files and directories to the card.
Check the Display All Drives box, when the Drive containing the SD card appears, click that then click OK.

The "Clear User Data" process writes certain files to the new/re-formatted SD card.

Lastly do a "Write to Scanner" which will write the full database, the current profile and applicable Favorites Lists to the new card.

LakeErieLarry

Thank you very much for the detailed information. I was hoping it was like the Hp1 I inserted new SD card ( Never used before card) and just downloaded sentinel and it has worked fine.

LakeErieLarry

OK !! I downloaded the formatter .... What do I do now.

I am out of my league..So explain it sloooowwwwwwwwwwwww please...LOL SD Formatter installed right I hope...

Thanks guys I really appreciate you dumming it down for this non computer savvy guy..

N9JIG

Sheriff
I am out of my league..So explain it sloooowwwwwwwwwwwww please...LOL SD Formatter installed right I hope...

Thanks guys I really appreciate you dumming it down for this non computer savvy guy..

1: Format the SD Card using the format tool for your OS found at https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

You can do this using a card reader or with the radio connected to the scanner in Mass Storage Mode.

2: Connect the radio to the computer and be sure it is in Mass Storage Mode (unless you are using a Card reader, then put the card in the reader and connect it to the computer).

3: In Sentinel under the Home Patrol menu (For the 436/536 it is called the Scanner Menu) and select Clear User Data, click on the Display All Drives box.

4: Be sure to select the correct drive letter then click OK. (You do not want to erase your C Drive!)

5: Run Sentinel on the computer and select the Update Master HPDB option in the Update Menu.

6: In Sentinel under the HomePatrol (or Scanner) menu select Write to HomePatrol (or Scanner) .You may need to select that drive again, but it will not show the serial number of the radio this time.

7: Once that is done you should be all set!

Status
Not open for further replies.