New SDS200 - poor VHF and UHF sensitivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
Too bad you're not a Uniden mouthpiece. That sounds like some good old fashioned false advertising.
No mouthpiece would have my record of criticism of the pre-order SDS100 which I purchased and returned because it didn't handle local LSM systems properly. I still have videos on my Youtube channel of that crappy performance. But I bought recent production units that have worked well and I'm just expressing the fact that I'm happy to be able to monitor multiple LSM systems at once, within the context of analog being a small factor in my situation. Everyone's situation is different. If it's not worth the money in your situation, then don't buy one. If you buy one and don't like it, return it. Simple enough.

And no company advertises the negatives of their products so it's not false advertising to omit weak areas when discussing a product, and I can't seem to recall any ad where Uniden touted the analog performance of the SDS scanners. They only mention that analog is received, not how well it is received relative to previous non-SDS scanners. Very clearly, from the get-go, the advertising focused on LSM and weak signal digital performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.