New Sentinel User ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcpwisc

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone: I just got a BCD536HP to see if it would do a bit better on a Phase II Simulcast system. I can actually hear full conversations now ... compared to my GRE and my Radio Shack scanners. I'm excited!

The question I have is with regard to the scanning software. Do I need to assign a quick key to every system and department I put into the scanner? It's tedious process, and from what I saw online, it looks as though a quick key needs to be assigned to every system/department before the scanner will scan it. Am I understanding this correctly?

Thanks for the help!

marksmith

No.
I assign a quick key to each favorites list, and a quick key to each system within that favorites list. That way I can turn on/of systems using the menu, under set scan selection.

I do not go lower than that to department.

So, with a favorites list open I can assign them to each system basically off the same page.

You don't have to assign them at all, but without quick keys, it scans everything in the list and you can't turn things on or off from the radio, except to use the avoid process. Not really what it is for.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

rcpwisc

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Mark - that's so much easier! I was going crazy assigning all those quick keys. What you suggested is sound advice. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.