New Symrna Beach System info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wirenut76

I will be vacationing here week of 7/7/06 form oc md. would like to listen to local fire and beach patrol. Anyone know which system they use ie: System 1 or System 2. Would prefer not to load all control channels if it can be avoided.... Thanks for the help.

BLUEKNIGHTONE

i live in orlando fl i go to daytonabeach i have no luck on picking up any pd or so fd i get some transmissions then it jumps to a different department i got a pro96 i programed both

BLUEKNIGHTONE

BLUEKNIGHTONE said:
i live in orlando fl i go to daytonabeach i have no luck on picking up any pd or so fd i get some transmissions then it jumps to a different department i got a pro96 i programed both
fhp is on macom i tried to put icon on hold for beach patrol and got no results the scanner picks up transmissions all over voluisa county i dont even bother to try listenning to them good luck have nice vacation checkout the dayonabeach oceandeck bar good and nighttime entertainment and
check out main st all the famous biker bars have a great vacation

n4voxgill

Silent Key
New Smyrna Beach is on the Volusia County Edacs radio system. The frequencies are in the data base along with the talk groups. Volusia County Beach Patrol covers the entire county. There are talkgroups for New Smyrna lifeguards. You can pick them up all over the county. They are broadcast on both A and B systems. I just program in the system with the most frequencies and then enter the talkgroups. NSPD and NSFD are on the Volusia system also.

Wirenut76

Thanks for the info guys, will give it a shot. If it doesnt work oh well, I'm on vacation!

dgoodson

Feed Provider
If you have room, you should probably program both the A and B systems (as two separate systems) in your scanner. Some talkgroups heard on one system, are not broadcast on the other. For example, Daytona FD is only heard on the A system, NSB PD is only heard on the B system.

I think you will hear most NSB life guards on the NSB Beach 2 talkgroup, and their area is "Zone 6"

Status
Not open for further replies.