Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbyboy

Cat Herder
Hello All --

I have identified a new system with the following info :

Ctrl 859.3875
SysID 8C03

Looking at the database does not yield results based on Ctrl Channel or System ID. FCC records show a system just north of Wilmington which would be quite the band opening considering that they are only putting out 80 Watts over 60 miles away...

Any assistance would be appreciated!

Thanks

derekjmu

Premium Subscriber
yeah but ERP is 130w. depending on what kind of tower the antenna is on, I wouldn't rule it out.

I assume you're talking about WPKL890 in Wilmington?

Maybe someone in Wilmington can verify the SysID.

The SysID for the smartnet system at the GE plant in Wilmington looks correct as listed on the RR database. I helped install this system back in 2000. The sys ID could have changed. As soon as I can, I will try to go down Castle Hayne Rd and see if I can catch a stram of data and see whats up.

There are also some sites listed in Grifton (Conventional) and Currituck County on that freqency too. I don't know of any other trunking systems coming online in the New Hanover and Pender areas, just that the New Hanover system is going digital sometime in the next year or so. Alot of the NHC Fire service is already running astro capable equipment, and dumping alot of the older legacy equipment....

Status
Not open for further replies.