New Terrell 700 MHz P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikelock

Premium Subscriber
The system is starting to take shape. I've been tracking with UniTrunker and Pro Scan for 2 weeks now, and have started to get a picture of the setup.

This is what I've logged so far:
10001 - PD Dispatch
10002 - PD NCIC
10005 - PD 2
10008 - Fire Dispatch
10015 - Public Works - General
10017 - Municipal Development/Code Enforcement

I have had small hits on other talkgroups, but not enough to be sure what they are. I have submitted all of these to the DB.

I've only seen encryption used once, on PD 2, and one officer asked "how do I encrypt?" And the bulletin from dispatch was completely clear, but the officers acknowledgements were encrypted. So they are going to be having growing pains for a while it seems.

MesquiteWx

Premium Subscriber
I would have to agree with those TGIDs as that is what I have noticed too.

Terrell has buttons they can push both from the console and in car that allows them to encrypt any transmission. I have also heard from a couple officers in Terrell who have said it takes some getting use to as this new system has a lot longer delay from the time they start talking to when you actually hear it.

mikelock

Premium Subscriber
I recently logged a new TG of 10022. It was being used by PD, FD and PW to coordinate the funeral service for the Dallas firefighter that fell from the bridge recently. I believe it is called "Terrell Events", but I cannot be sure, as no one ever acknowledged that during transmissions. I only heard it called that once in the first days of the system going online. I also heard traffic on 10004 which may be "CID". I heard one detective calling for another detective, and haven't logged anything since. There was also traffic on 10003, which I believe may be "TAC/Swat", as the traffic was completely encrypted and the UID's were all previously unlogged and not seen in normal PD operation. As soon as I can confirm these, I will submit them to the DB.

billmallard

Premium Subscriber
I am programming a scanner for a member of terrell vfd . As of 6-4 14 ,it stopped receiving transmissions . What gives ?

billmallard

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, I must be doing something wrong. I thought maybe they went to total encryption. I will try to load it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.