New To Bcd396t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

se

Hey All.

I am a handicapped guy living in London, Ontario...I just received my new BCD396T last Friday...I was just wondering if anyone in this forum uses MSN Messenger?...I would like to keep in contact with other BCD396T users throygh MSN Messenger, I have lots of questions about this scanner :p...I realize that not everybody can be online chatting all the time, so I'm just asking if anyone will add me to their contact list...I can be added by my e-mail address which is: sheldonsat@msn.com...Your time will be greatly appreciated...

Sincerely Sheldon Scott.

SCPD

QRT
Hey Scott.

You've got a great radio for yourself. Once you get a handle on it you'll simply love it.

If I was on MSN or any other messenging service I'd add you in but I am not.

Feel free to PM me here if you have questions about the radio. Of course, if you post in the forum (either the Canada east or Uniden one) You're likely to get lots of help that way too.

Welcome aboard :)

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Get the software!

Good choice of radio. I bought one last summer and love it. If you haven't already, get two pieces of software. One is the UASD program from Uniden's website. It's free with the 396. Also pick up AVC396 from ScannerBase at http://www.scannerbase.com/scannerbase-avc396-uniden-bcd396t-scanner-software/

Although I'm a fan of the ARC software (I have ARC780 for my 780 and had ARC250 for my 250), I just haven't seen the need to buy ARC396 given that the two programs above are free.

Once you get UASD, it gets a lot easier to "try stuff out" on the radio, particularly with trunked systems.

I'm not in your neck of the woods, but there are folks here who can point you to *.usd files for your area.

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.