New to Scanner's want one

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocut

i'm new to scanners but wanting one. As the feeds keep dropping on RadioReference, near me so what do you suggest as a good scanner that can do just about everything, but is an ease to use.

Thank you in advance

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
You need to clearly tell us where you are in order to give the best answer. But, the three that are easiest to program and use are the HomePatrol-1, BCD436HP, and BCD536HP. They only require that you know your zip code.

kirk23

Pierrefonds (West Island Montreal) Qc Canada
using uhf, 800megahertz i believe, and vhf, i belive trunking as well

P25?? then is it DIGITAL or ANALOG...

All these things determine what you need.. if not sure go with UP MAN's suggestions HP-1 is basically idiot proof (not calling you an idiot. .just a figure of speech) or the new BC 436HP or BC 536HP.. HP-1 & BC 536HP are base/Mobile the new BC436HP will he handheld portable. The current 396xt & 996xt might not be user friendly enough for a newbie considering the new 436/536HP's are coming out this month.

Last edited:

N8IAA

using uhf, 800megahertz i believe, and vhf, i belive trunking as well

What part of the GA/AL area? If you are looking for something easy to use and get going, the HP-1 might be what you are looking for. You may not need all the bells and whistles of the 436/536 scanners.
HTH,
Larry

teknishun

..... what do you suggest as a good scanner that can do just about everything, but is an ease to use.

Ha! Those two statements are mutually exclusive. An oxymoron. Scanners that can "do everything" are NOT easy to use. I have both a GRE PSR-800 and Uniden BCD-996XT. Neither one is easy to use but you get used to it. I have the Uniden BCD346HP and BCD536HP both on back order, so my own learning curve will start over real soon!

teknishun KF5OPQ

Status
Not open for further replies.