New to scanning from Superior Twp. In Washtenaw Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

W8AWT

Superior Twp., Washtenaw Co., Michigan (EN82)
Hi All,

I am pretty new to scanning and I am looking for some direction.
I have an old radio shack 200 channel analog scanner that I would like to make as efficient use of as possible. I put some of what I thought would be the more interesting channels for the county into the scanner but honestly aside from 154.25 fire dispatch for the county I have been hearing very little activity.

I am looking for any county police, fire, & ems traffic as well as the more interesting hospital channels and road workers channels. Taxi, tow truck, bus service, rail, marine, and aeronautical channels that have interesting chatter would also be appreciated.

I know that most of the best traffic is on digital these days but for those of you that still have analog scanners, I would like to know what you find interesting to listen to.

73 and Merry Christmas,
Augustine, W8AWT

FPOWLD

Try 154.370 Northville Twp. & City FD and maybe others
151.100 Van Buren Twp. FD
154.415 Pittsfield Twp. FD.

diskmonger

All Police, Fire, EMS for Washtenaw County operate on MPSCS, you will need a scanner capable of tracking P25 Trunked systems.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Washtenaw

The RR database is a good place to start. There are quite a few analog channels, but most law, fire, and ems is on the MPSCS system as mentioned. Although fire dispatch is analog, most on scene communications are on the digital P25 frequencies. If you aren't limiting yourself to Washtenaw county, there are a couple of adjoining counties with possibilities depending on your location. Again, look them up in the database.

kd8ati

Feed Provider
Is it literally everything? I know Wash FD Dispatch simulcasts on 154.25

Do the Police or EMS do any analog simulcasting?

All police in Washtenaw Co are on the MPSCS. All Fire & EMS are also on MPSCS... with a few simulcasts, though I am not to familiar with who is simulcast what and where out that way.

A number of fire departments in western Wayne county still simulcasts a lot of their traffic on 154.370. The base numbers and unit numbers still for the most part follow the numbering scheme found here... Wayne County (MI) - The RadioReference Wiki

Other then that you are not going to be hearing much.

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber
What are some good Road SVC, Taxi, and Towing company freqs?

158.76000 77.0 PL Wash EMA 1 Countywide Emergency Management Repeater (Analog) EAS Disaster Alert Paging

154.41500 162.2 PL PittsTwp FD2 Fire Dispatch (Paging)

Businesses, Recreations and Attractions Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

160.80000 Amtrak Road: The Michigan Line (Detroit-to-Kalamazoo)

161.49000 Ann Arbor RR Road - Primary Ops

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=1555

Status
Not open for further replies.